Skyrocket Junipers

nico6196(Z5a)May 28, 2007

We live in a newer neighborhood and although we have pretty good privacy happening/growing all around, there is none at the back of our yard. We have a Japanese Maple growing where I would have grown a larger tree (it was there when we moved in) but it is doing well, so we don't want to try to move it. So, I was thinking of planting a few Skyrocket Junipers along the back fence. Anybody know how fast they actually grow? Also, I keep reading they need full sun and good air circulation to dry off the trees in the morning... where we are planning on planting them, is shade in the morning (probably until about 10-11AM) and then sun the rest of the day. Do you think they will do well where we need them? We wish the neighbor behind us would plant one tree (it would be perfect). We cannot fit another tree between the Japanese Maple and the fence, so it's not an option for us. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaro_in_montreal

If you do a Search for "Skyrocket" on the Conifers Forum, you will get quite a few good 'hits'.
For your convenience, the search results link is provided below :

Here is a link that might be useful: Skyrocket Junipers

Bookmark   May 28, 2007 at 8:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wayner2000(5b Ontario)

Hi Nico, Skyrocketing Junipers will usually reach approx. 6 ft. in 10 years and in time can reach 15 ft. or more. They will do well in full sun..........Wayne

Bookmark   May 28, 2007 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
Yacon
I posted this on the wrong side :( so here goes again. Is...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
Hey, where'd the Canadian Exchange go...
It seems to have disappeared.
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
overseeding a lawn in vancouver
Hi all, My front yard is... a mess. The house is new...
dalans
weed or no weed?
approx 4 ft tall any info appreciated
ralu25
Tayberry plants
Hi fellow garderners, I used to order Tayberry plant...
maskoutain
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™