New experiment

tommysmommy(Colorado)May 27, 2010

I planted some brugs in the ground this year! I chopped out more of the hated juniper shrubs. I can already see they like it alot, and are growing visibly in just a week! Santa Rosa is inground, Double Peach (a new 1' baby) and also a cutting from Peach Versicolor. The sad Cherub in my garden plot isn't doing anything new, just kind of sitting there. But I pruned the roots too, so it may need time to adjust.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ruth_ann(Z5 Ont.Can.)

The Junipers may have turned your soil a little on the acidic side and Cherub may not be liking the PH.

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 11:26PM
eloise_ca

Diane, looking forward to seeing pictures of your newly planted brugs growing well in the ground! The ones I have in the ground do extremely well, but then they are noids. My named brugs are in pots because I don't want to take a chance that the gophers will develop a taste for brug roots! Those in the pots aren't that big so it isn't like I could take a cutting and plant in the ground. Good luck with Cherub.

Bookmark   May 29, 2010 at 9:04AM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

I'll be sure to put up photos as they grow! Ruthann, the sad Cherub is in my veg garden plot at a community garden down the road, so no junipers there to bother it. Santa Rosa and Double Peach are in the juniper area, so we'll see how they do.

Bookmark   May 29, 2010 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
Here's to a great World Series tonight
Looking forward to a good World Series . Guess I'm...
BeachLorax
Dr. Seuss got a little cold
Ok, so advice - Vinyl greenhouses from Big Lots cannot...
cygnwulf
Brugmansia Eternity
I think everyone should have no problems flowering...
boonboon
angel trumpet seeds
im getting ready to bid on some white and purple angel...
jeannie75
Need Brugs Cuttings
Hello, a few yrs back a very nice woman on this forum...
gardenlady48
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™