Visiting Toronto for memorial day weekend.

aaaaaaaa(6)May 22, 2011

Hi,

I will be visiting my Mom this memorial day weekend. I am planning to visit Richters greenhouse.

Is there any other greenhouses/nurseries/gardens that may be worth visiting? I am looking anything-- right from seeds to rare plants(affordable) to tropical and rare veggie seeds/plants.

Any advice/suggestions welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Anna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcpeg(5a)

I don't know what area your mom is in to make recommendations. I have personally been to Ritchers and it's dangerous in there for plant lovers.

Do check with US Customs about bringing live plants in dirt across the border - I'm not sure if you can do that unless you have a clearance certificate. It would be awful if you purchased plants only to have them seized at the border. Dry root plants I believe are safe because they don't transport dirt.

Please do your homework before you buy. I'd listen to your customs people before any advice from a vendor.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 8:40PM
mcpeg(5a)

I should clean my eyes - Toronto area.

Here's the link from your government website. You may want to call them in advance to discuss what is needed if you do purchase.

Enjoy your visit with your Mom!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bringing Agricultural Products Into the United States

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 8:45PM
ianna(Z5b)

Richters is north of Toronto and not far from my area.

I would suggest you pay a visit to Sheridan's located in Unionville. Directly across it is another plant seller.

And there's Angelo's garden in Vaughan, Tree Valley in Richmond Hill and in Stouville.

Bookmark   May 23, 2011 at 7:50AM
More Discussions
Help Me Please Identify Unknown Plant
Hi, there is an unknown plant growing in my garden....
petra.gombos
test
test
Nitefall
3 week old cedars browning
Had 60' worth of 8-11' white cedars installed 3 weeks...
mensreaj
Overwintering geraniums from a deck planter
The planter is about 6"x2' and has 5 plants in...
dab07
Yacon
I posted this on the wrong side :( so here goes again. Is...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™