Plant shopping - great haul!!

bonniepunch(USDAz4 AgCanz5a)May 24, 2008

DH took me plant shopping at the plant sale at the Montreal Botanical gardens for my anniversary present :-) He's a keeper, that's for sure!

I got a Ligularia 'Osiris Fantasie', Hosta 'Praying Hands', Verratrum nigrum (black helbore), Adiantum aleuticum (aleutian maidenhair fern), Asplenium rhizophylum (walking fern), Dryopteris f.m. (male fern), variegated Typha latifolia (cattail), Colocasia esculenta 'Illustrus' (Imperial taro), and an Epiphyllum.

I feel like a kid at Christmas!!

BP

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kanuk(Zone 5 Qc Canada)

Lucky you! I went to their site last week to see if they had an annual plant sale and to my surprise there was nothing advertising it. Rats!! How long is it on? Only this weekend? What were the prices like?
Oh I hope you tell me it's on for another day or longer(lol) & ....
Merry Christmas in May Bonnie!! :-)

Bookmark   May 24, 2008 at 8:36PM
bonniepunch(USDAz4 AgCanz5a)

Kanuk - it's still on until tomorrow. It is on their website, under horticultural activities, it's called the Great Gardening Weekend.

If you have an Acces Montreal card, or are a 'Friend of the Garden', entry is free, otherwise you have to pay the usual garden entry fee. Prices are pretty good, but for more unusual things, the prices can be high-ish. Most plants are in great shape. Even if you see nothing you want or need, it's worth a trip to the gardens right now to see all the lilacs blooming :-)

BP

Bookmark   May 24, 2008 at 11:10PM
kanuk(Zone 5 Qc Canada)

Bonniepunch ~ Thanks for the info. In a panic attempt to find out more earlier last night I came across the event dates online ... SO....guess where we're going today!!! I'm so glad you posted or I would've missed it for sure & many "thanks" for the link too.
Lilacs!!! Right now I have my head in a huge bouquet in front of my computer. It's heaven!!
Happy Gardening!!

Bookmark   May 25, 2008 at 8:18AM
bonniepunch(USDAz4 AgCanz5a)

I hope you find some great plants too! It's a perfect weekend to go - tucked in between rainy days, you really appreciate it all the more!

The lilacs around the tents are fantastic, but don't forget to go over to the lilac section of the garden - there's probably a hundred lilac! Your nose will think it's died and gone to heaven :-)

BP

Bookmark   May 25, 2008 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
3 week old cedars browning
Had 60' worth of 8-11' white cedars installed 3 weeks...
mensreaj
Weeping Mulberry
My fruiting weeping mulberry cracked at the head, presumably...
gastonal
Help me kill the Goutweed (Aegopodium)
Further to the post regarding the sale of goutweed: Please...
vicki_vale
Tayberry plants
Hi fellow garderners, I used to order Tayberry plant...
maskoutain
Online irrigation stores?
I've posted a similar message on the irrigation forum....
Sherwood Botsford
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™