fake rocks

madtripper(5/6 Guelph)May 27, 2008

anyone know a good source for fake rocks in S. E. Ontario?

I am looking for something to cover my external pond pump.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

I believe I posted about a place on Highway 24 near Ospringe. I was by there yesterday, and there were some.

Alternately, you could make some hypertufa. Martha Stewart types often mix Hypertuffa, which has peat moss, perlite, vermiculite etc. for aggregate. It is lighter weight and all... but its more for rustic looking garden or fake rocks than it is for serious projects.

Here is a link that might be useful: making hypertufa

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 9:18AM
halaeva(z6 Toronto)

Hi jroot.
I never new that there are fake rocks.I would be glad to have some,But I am not able to make them myself.I would rather purchase them.Do you know how prices shape? Are they more expensive than natural rocks?
Hala.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 8:49PM
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

Halaeva, If you know where to look, natural rocks are free. Come to me garden and you will see some,- all free. Of course, the fake rocks will be more expensive, as one is paying for someone to actually make them. Even the ones you make are more expensive as you need to buy the mortar. On the other hand, if you have the rocks delivered, they will be more expensive, as one is paying for the delivery. Economics 1a6.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 10:04PM
halaeva(z6 Toronto)

Thanks jroot for your response,for invitation over your place in order to see rocks.I would be glad to do that,but I have a problem with transportaion and my health lately.I regret that.The info you're giving me are very valuable and I have learned a lot.My local garden centre is selling rocks and I will see it.They do delivery.Thank you again for your time.
God bless you.
Hala.

Bookmark   May 29, 2008 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
Tayberry plants
Hi fellow garderners, I used to order Tayberry plant...
maskoutain
weed or no weed?
approx 4 ft tall any info appreciated
ralu25
Toronto cold alert deaths vs Vancouver palm trees
Cold can hit the west coast an throw snow on the palm...
Paul_Ont
very good price for seedling heat mats
Home hardware has the 10" x 20" seedling...
dowlinggram
Raspberry Transplanting
Hi All, We transplanted raspberries yesterday into...
CassidyResort
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™