Volunteer canna #2

PIGEONBOB(Z5--OHIO)February 13, 2013

I could not figure how to post two photos, so here's the picture of the same canna with an open bloom.
Bob Faulkner

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canna2grow

Bob,
Your canna seedling is a good example of our small flowered hybrid cultivars. It may even be a primary hybrid but that is difficult to confirm. It also typifies the results of producing a mature blooming plant in the first season of seed germination; assuming the seed is germinated early in the season.
Kent

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 6:31PM
PIGEONBOB(Z5--OHIO)

Thanks Kent,
I was hoping that I wouldn't be one in a row of people with the same question..and boring you all to death. I went into my basement and checked the tuber on this one. It's totally healthy, very thick and I will plant it again in the spring. If it looked this good the first year I can only imagine what it will look like now. Also, Is it common for cannas to have branching? This one had two side branches, above all the leaves with blooms all over them. Any how thanks for answering, this one was fun.

Bob

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 10:59AM
Maria2013(5)

Hi Bob
your canna is beautiful! I wish I had a surprise like that in my yard!

I started Canna from seed last year for the first time. I took seeds from Malcolm and Tangelo and had 9 or 10 plants that bloomed 3 months later and all were a different shade from yellow to orange to pink
...I can talk canna all day and still not get sick of it....I love them!!

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 8:50PM
More Discussions
Seedlings : Canna Musafolia 'Grande'
Just wanted to give a feedback. I enjoy sowing cannas....
sleuthtl73
Wanted Cannas
I have ginger and amaryllis and would love to trade...
nancy1fl
knobrocker
Canna - Clay Soil _ Fertilizer
I have a clay soil. What type of fertilizer would help...
canna1915
When right time to cut down
I have about four or five Canna's growing in a 3' x...
boothbay
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™