Hardy yellow canna

bobwtn(z6TN)March 12, 2005

I live in Zone 6 on the Cumberland Plateau of Northern Tennessee. I was given a yellow blooming canna 5-6 years ago that is hardy in my yard. I have never dug them up in the fall. Has anyone else heard of this type? I would be glad to share as I need to divide them soon.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marquest(z5 PA)

Bob, I have seen a red one in my neighbors yard that he has planted close to the house that comes back every year. It looks like president.

Maybe you have it planted in a micro climate area. I would love to try a piece when you are ready to dig.

Bookmark   March 12, 2005 at 10:40PM
simplycharming(Z5 MI)

I would like to try a piece also. lmk

Bookmark   March 13, 2005 at 1:39PM
lboyce(Z5NY)

Maybe it is a Richard Wallace???...just a guess! I am DYING for this canna if it is! What are you looking for? Looks like I need to move south!!

Linda

Bookmark   March 13, 2005 at 6:49PM
kaysbelle(z5IL)

I have some red canna rhizomes I would trade for your yellow cannas, if you are interested. Let me know. Thanks.

Bookmark   March 14, 2005 at 5:51PM
Tennessee(z7TN)

I have just dug up some cannas I have had for several years. I live in Middle TN. Mine are yellow too. They seem pretty hardy and have really multiplied. I'm planning to share some with a friend but will have lots left over. If someone has some things to share in exchange, I would be happy to share. I'm helping a friend get some plants to her property. She has several acres and hasn't really planted anything yet. Let me know if anyone would like to do an exchange. I see some of you are from New York. I moved from Long Island to Middle TN.

Bookmark   March 19, 2005 at 10:57AM
dmd2go(z6NY)

would love to trade for that color. I have some red canna seeds.

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 11:44AM
sdflowers(4 SDak.)

I would love some canna if you have enough. Just moved and have a large yard to fill. thanks, I have a few seeds posted for trade, but not a complete list yet.
SDFlowers

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 4:56PM
flowerpower326(z6 nj)

i had some yellow canna last year. they were beautiful. i never dug them up- i didn't know i was supposed to.the rhizomes are now all mushy! i bought them out of my area-on vacation. if you have any left i would love to provide the postage for it. i know you posted this a while ago, but no one here has yellow-only red!i could send some seeds in trade if you are interested.

Bookmark   April 29, 2005 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Looking for unusual cannas
especially with variegated leaves...have lots of tropicals...
Frank Flanagan
canna ratty
Hello my canna were divided and split and cut back...
dennisoates
Canna - Clay Soil _ Fertilizer
I have a clay soil. What type of fertilizer would help...
canna1915
Seedlings : Canna Musafolia 'Grande'
Just wanted to give a feedback. I enjoy sowing cannas....
sleuthtl73
Suggestions please!
Have 30 inch tall black self watering planters. Any...
aggot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™