Most Fragrant Brugs?

Leann FellmethJune 4, 2010

Before I run out of space ;-) I decided it's time to add a brug or two to my landscape.

The best fragrance is my first priority, then possibly one of the more compact brugs.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

There's so many but one of my favorites is New Orleans Lady. It also has a beautiful bloom.

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 10:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

One of my most compact brugs is peanut but the fragrance is not really strong. New Orleans Lady is a fav or mine and has nice fragrance but mine grew 10 ft tall last year. If you keep your brug to a standard tree form it can take up less space kinda like a vine (vertical). One that did amazing for me last year and only got about 5 feet was Antique Lace an older white single. I was suprised at how much I liked the daity antique looking flowers. Great fragrance. Painted Lady, Ila Marie, Cherry Slush, Isasbelle and Rosamond are all powerhouse bloomers and strongly fragrant. They are the ones I usually put in the front yard because I know they will always perform well. You can trim them somewhat to keep them in check once they start blooming.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 11:47AM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
How many cuttings in one pot?
I have 12 cuttings in water that have lengthy roots...
bdw75
brugs for trade
I have these Brugs. Looking to trade. Infinity Phanomenal Tiara Rosa...
maile_2010
Anyone have Painted Lady cuttings?
As common as painted lady used to be i am having trouble...
xeriscape8321
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™