Anyone have experience with shipping time

Nancy zone 6March 15, 2005

I ordered some cannas for Horn Canna farm last fall, I need time to prepare a bed for them but weather has been chilly. I haven't received any notice from them that they have shipped, I realize it's really pretty early. Anyone have any idea when they normally ship when fall ordered?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

Most nurseries keep track of where the purchaser is, and do not ship until the zone they are going to is in a frost-free state. That way, they avoid any liability. Feel free to get your bed ready, but zone 6 may be a while before it is frost free.

Bookmark   March 15, 2005 at 5:30PM
Nancy zone 6

Thanks, I thought I was just getting anxious, but I see cannas in the nursery for sale. I don't usually put my cannas in the ground til early May, but when they are for sale so early I was panicing. I think our frost free day is mid April, surely we will have a few warm, dry days before then!

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 9:43AM
texas_eyes(Zone 7)

Horn's doesn't usually ship to anything under zone 9 until mid to late March. They are very dependable and you will get your cannas..........hang tight......spring's a' comin'!!

"eyes"

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 11:23AM
Nancy zone 6

I'm gettin so antsy though! I hope we have a real spring this year instead of jumping right into summer. And I want my cannas "now", never mind that Horn is way more capable of holding them than I am til the weather is ready! I just want to be able to touch them :) Thanks! I have been hearing great things about Horn & I'm sure I will get them at the correct time, I guess I just need lots of reassurance & reminders of patience :)

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 5:22PM
ernie50(z7bGA)

Canna fever.Catch it!you could buy some at the store and start them indoors.You probably won't get the ones you ordered for maybe a month(guessing).

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 1:25PM
dighappy(z7 NJ)

I also ordered from Horn Canna Farm and can't wait to get my hands on my new canna's....I think I ordered about 21 cannas. I have heard such good things on this forum about Horn and can't wait to get my new cannas in the ground (1st or 2nd week of May around this area).

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 1:34PM
ply17410(z4 MN)

Horn order submitted last week Sunday (3/20) and my box came on Thursday! What service and product looked great.

Zone 4

Bob

Bookmark   March 28, 2005 at 9:20AM
Nancy zone 6

HEY! No fair! I ordered last fall, I shoulda got mine first :( Just kidding, I can't get anything out in this mud now anyway. Glad to know that they look good though. Anyone have a Fred's discount store? I happened to stop in, never expected to find bulbs, but they have cannas in packages of 3 for $1.50 pk. Short pieces, but fat & healthy looking. I bought a pack of mixed & of President just to make me feel better. I know, shouldn't buy from boxed stores, but they were so cheap.

Bookmark   March 28, 2005 at 8:27PM
cannafreak(z7 NY)

I ordered last fall and mine arrived 2 weeks ago. Great looking bulbs too. Maybe you should give them a call and find out whats going on with your order. HTH, Tara

Bookmark   March 29, 2005 at 5:14PM
rokal(LongIsland/z6b)

I ordered from BloomingBulb.com and I just rec'd notification that my cannas have been shipped. When ordered, they said they would arrive between April 1st and April 15th. This was based on my zone.

Bookmark   March 30, 2005 at 3:46PM
Nancy zone 6

Thanks Tara, I emailed Horn Wednesday morning after reading your message. They promptly replied & said mine are scheduled to ship Apr 11. I noticed on their web site that a couple of their canna are sold out-I'll be comin' after Bob if they gave him one o' mine :) I was really impressed with their quick response, everyone says they are great, I'm really looking forward to dealing with them

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Re-starting tubers after cold storage
Hi, I think I've managed to over-winter my canna tuber....
dee_can1
My first Canna blooms ever! NOID. Proud momma!
Just wanted to share the gorgeousness but if anyone...
vega-lyrah
Wanted 2 foot canna
I'm looking for a dwarf canna that only gets about...
goldenbuckeye
Leave turning yellow & brown
Hi all I'd like some help please. About 6 weeks ago,...
Spotteddog101
how fast do cannas grow from seed?
I have filed some seeds as well as the edges of my...
christie_sw_mo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™