hummingbirds

marricgardensJune 7, 2006

Last weekend we had a hummer trapped in our barn. It got in through the big doors and then flew to the window where it could see outside but not get out because the window wasn't open. It was also high up near the peak where we couldn't reach it. It kept banging into the glass trying to get out. Finally it got low enough so that we could reach it with the extension ladder (we meaning Eric because I don't do eights very well.) He went up with a piece od netting and gently caught the poor guy. We took him outside and laid him down on the wagon. When he rested a few minutes, he just took off. I have been searching the web trying to find out what kind it was. It looked most like a Lucifer but the picture I saw said they don't come north this far, Barrie area. Any chance that it was a Lucifer? Any ideas? Lately I have seen some Anna hummingbirds. Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden_chicken(3b)

See... now if you'd said you caught it yesterday we could have some fun with the whole 'Lucifer/060606' thing.... however...

You might try the attached link, see if it helps - there was a thread going in the Far North Forum regarding hummingbirds a while back, maybe someone there could help.

Here is a link that might be useful: tracking hummingbirds

Bookmark   June 7, 2006 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
Yacon
Is anyone growing this vegetable in Canada? It's a...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
Weeping Mulberry
My fruiting weeping mulberry cracked at the head, presumably...
gastonal
Has anyone given up on hostas?
I know they're a shade garden staple, and they look...
noplacelikehomeforsure
3 week old cedars browning
Had 60' worth of 8-11' white cedars installed 3 weeks...
mensreaj
Looking for a Scuffle Hoe
Hello everyone: The new anti-pesticide laws have my...
northerner_on
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™