Fungicide for Roses?

silver_wlf(6 Ontario)June 27, 2006

Hi!!!

I've been hanging out in the Roses forum lately - but the population seems to be more US than Canadian. They've been talking about Bayer Advanced products that aren't available in Canada - nor can they be imported.

I was wondering what I could use on my roses for Black Spot that I can purchase here.

I'm currently using the Green Earth Fungicide. Is this the main product used for this type of problem? Can I spray more often than every 7-10 days? I've been spraying for just over 2 weeks but I don't see much improvement.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!

Stef

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ianna(Z5b)

Hi Stef, If you haven't seen improvement with the product you are using, it's time to go to the garden centre for advise. I cannot give you any suggestions for a product (because I don't use fungicides) but most garden centres carry chemicals that are useful. When you water your roses are you watering the leaves as well? Because that actually causes mildew and fungus to grow. Water the roots only. Another tip is to remove the leaves with the black spot to lessen the contamination.

Ianna

Bookmark   June 27, 2006 at 11:45PM
More Discussions
Yacon
Is anyone growing this vegetable in Canada? It's a...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
Help Me Please Identify Unknown Plant
Hi, there is an unknown plant growing in my garden....
petra.gombos
Overwintering geraniums from a deck planter
The planter is about 6"x2' and has 5 plants in...
dab07
What to do with a swampy yard - new homeowner needs ideas!
My yard is a wet sponge. I have a lovely crop of skunk...
jbobs
Looking for a Scuffle Hoe
Hello everyone: The new anti-pesticide laws have my...
northerner_on
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™