What's Wrong with My CG?

MissMudPuppy(z7 - L.I.)June 20, 2013

Anyone know what's going on with my CG?

He was nice & green a month ago & now he's turned to this sickly looking light green with light veins. Tried giving him ES, MG, but no change. I have another Brug (FP) & I feed them both Dyna-Gro & Pro-Tekt but the FP doesn't have this problem.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rednofl(9b Goldenrod Fl hz 10)

Charles Grimaldi ? CG seems to run a lighter green / yellow than many of my other brugs.
Do you flush out the salt buildup that can happen in pots ?
My cure all is foliar spray Humic and fulvic acid, making sure plenty runs into the soil. It frees up minerals that are locked up in the soil

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 6:14AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MissMudPuppy(z7 - L.I.)

Thank you for your reply! Yes, it's a Charles Grimaldi :). Just got it 3 mos ago as a rooted cutting & it was a darker green than it is now which is why I was wondering if something was wrong or if this is just a characteristic of this particular Brug as it grows.
In answer to your ques: yes, I always make sure to flush out the pot before any feeding. It was recently potted up a wk ago since it already outgrew its 8" pot.

****EDIT****

Since my last posting, I decided to use the full strength dosage of Dyna-Gro Liquid Gro mixed with Pro-Tekt along with ST in a gallon of rainwater when it was time to water the Charles Grimaldi. 4 days later I gave it fish & seaweed emulsion. Added spent coffee grounds & egg shells to its pot & as of 3 days ago the new growth coming from the top is finally a lush gorgeous green again! Hallelujah! Looks like I need to feed this little piggy more than usual. So happy. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else is having similar issues not related to watering/disease/pests/soil/etc.

This post was edited by MissMudPuppy on Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 21:14

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 11:59AM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
Screwed By 7servant7
Well, Take a Look At The Picture 7servant7 Is Displaying...
byrd4460
Sphagnum Moss Rooting Method - Step by Step!
I've had a couple of requests as to how I root my cuttings!...
sibhskylvr
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Cuttings for postage 2nd year
I have been under the weather this year and finally...
rednofl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™