christmas cactus 'Mini Belle'

snowdogmama(high mountain desert Zone 5)May 20, 2012

I found the listing for this plant in the cactus collection database and have never heard of it before. Does anyone own this christmas cactus? Anyone have pictures of the bloom or plant?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero6(z10 /ss24 So. Calif.)

I know of an Aloe 'Mini Belle', but not any of the CCs by that name. Which Christmas Cactus database do you refer?

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 6:37PM
snowdogmama(high mountain desert Zone 5)

The Cactus Collection is the name of the company that provides the small cacti and succulents for Walmart, Home Depot Lowes etc. The have a plant database on line and I found the plant listed in their database.

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of plant

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 9:43AM
rosemariero6(z10 /ss24 So. Calif.)

I don't think Zygophyllanthus is considered a Christmas cactus. Thanks for the info on the Cactus Collection. That means it is from Altmans plants, I believe. Seems that is the only place listing Zygophyllanthus 'Minibelle'. It may be a hybrid they made. Good luck finding someone who has one to show you! =)

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 3:19PM
snowdogmama(high mountain desert Zone 5)

From asking questions on another forum this is the info that I have collected.

The 1989-1990 Rainbow Gardens catalog lists the following:
Zygophyllanthus mini-belle - The flowers are light fuchsia and exactly like those of Christmas cacti. The plants are roughly the same as Christmas cacti, but the segments are rounded and ribbed. Most interesting.

from a poster "I absolutely think it is a form of exotica. The Rainbow Gardens Catalog also lists Schlumbergera crested form which I believe to be a variety of Enigma. They don't share pictures."

Minibelle is listed in the directory as Orig.: USA, Parentage: S. truncata x S. opuntioides, Flower colour, light fuchsia, flowers like S. x buckleyi, stem segments are rounded and ribbed, Comments: cultivar selected from this cross.

Exotica has the same parentage of truncata x opuntioides.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 3:50PM
More Discussions
Help with Fred Ives succulent
This is my Fred Ives succulent and I was just wondering...
Elizabeth Thornton
Lithops Seedlings!
I know it's better to start in the Spring but I just...
Tavar
Jade tree pricing
Okay this may sound like a silly question but a Gollum...
Hamza Nobes
Help! New to succulents and I think I have a pest!
Can you help me identify what this white stuff is on...
bbrich86
Jade Pruning - Advice/Comments?
I was gifted this Jade over a year ago and just did...
Danielle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™