Kent

lou_texas(8a N Central TX)May 29, 2012

Kent, I haven't been on the canna forum for a year or two at least (I've been on the rose forum), but today I had some time . . .

I see you're still here patiently addressing newbies' questions as well as the questions of seasoned growers. what a treasure you are!

I'm wondering if you are still hybridizing cannas or just grow them in a garden setting because you love them? I always thought about your place each time I drove from Texas through Arkansas to Missouri. I always wanted to stop by before you retired and were no longer in business. Now since my mother passed, I no longer take that trip up through Arkansas. Glad to know your expertise will be here for us on the garden web when we need it through the years. Lou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canna2grow

Hi Lou,

Sorry you no longer make the trip to Missouri. I am sure I would have enjoyed your visit. Over the years, I have been fortunate to meet and speak with many gifted folks interested in the field of horticultural. I have always learned more than I could ever offer. The same hold true for forums such as we have here.

I still do a little hobby hybridizing but it seems to be less and less each year. I don't think I will ever get over the thrill of seeing a new seedling bloom for the first time. One needs only to consider that hybrid seedlings are one of a kind and you are one of the very first to lay eyes on that very unique plant. It matters not if it is great or average it is in itself a small wonder of nature.

I appreciate your contributions as well as all the other contributors here at the canna forum and I thank you for your kind comments.

Best regards,
Kent

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 1:50AM
More Discussions
Looking for unusual cannas
especially with variegated leaves...have lots of tropicals...
Tropical Gardener
Suggestions please!
Have 30 inch tall black self watering planters. Any...
aggot
storage of cannas over winter
I have have over 50 cannas that were dug up winter...
notenoughtimepegster
Not to brag, but...
I scarified 12 canna seeds (very common old-fashioned...
tomtuxman
My first Canna blooms ever! NOID. Proud momma!
Just wanted to share the gorgeousness but if anyone...
vega-lyrah
Sponsored Products
Smart Trike 4-in-1 Safari Tricycle - Red - 1451000
$108.97 | Hayneedle
"Nude at Sunrise" Giclee
$845.00 | Horchow
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs Kent
Home Depot
White Kent Dining Side Chair
$74.99 | zulily
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs Kent
Home Depot
Campania International Kent Urn Cast Stone Planter - P-643-AL
$639.99 | Hayneedle
Good Directions Kent Wood Cupola Multicolor - GD490
$169.99 | Hayneedle
Sea Gull Lighting Outdoor Lighting. Kent 1-Light Outdoor Oxford Bronze Wall Fixt
$78.00 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™