brown area on leaves

nucci60(6 Ma.)June 23, 2008

Planted a canna bed with about 20 rhizomes of different canna. Most have broken ground and are fine. Some like Striped Beauty and musifolia have some brown on the leaves at the edges and some new unfurled leaves have browm tips.Couldn't find the answer in FAQs and the areas are not orange. Too much moisture maybe?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rjinga

I just read another post that someone had mushy brown tips on their leaves and someone mentioned canna leaf roller? I found some on mine like that too. and sprayed them.

In another area, I have some where the lower leaves are brown and dead looking. I wonder what could be causing this? Definitely not too much water for mine..not enough would be more like it.

Bookmark   June 26, 2008 at 11:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cannacrazy(8 SC)

I'm having a problem with some of my leaves not unrolling. It's almost as if the leaves are glued because they are so tightly rolled. When I try to unroll them, I have to pry the edges loose and then there's usually dirt or some kind of grit inside. What is a canna leaf roller and what are you spraying them with? I'm seeing this problem in several locations in my yard but it doesn't appear to be widespread among the many cannas I have.

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
My first Canna blooms ever! NOID. Proud momma!
Just wanted to share the gorgeousness but if anyone...
vega-lyrah
storage of cannas over winter
I have have over 50 cannas that were dug up winter...
notenoughtimepegster
Three weeks, 6 of 16 germinated
I started mine this year on jan 1. I scarified and...
bragu_DSM 5
canna ratty
Hello my canna were divided and split and cut back...
dennisoates
Suggestions please!
Have 30 inch tall black self watering planters. Any...
aggot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™