pink sdlgs

oscarthecat(z7MD)June 21, 2010

The 4 pink sdlgs I got from Country Garden are doing well. I potted them up in gallon containers but know they cant stay there.. Have a CG in a 10 gal container and is doing well. Do you think 10 gals is large enough for permanent home?? Thanks Steve S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fool4flowers(8)

Yes, it should be. You can bump up the pot size as needed instead of jumping up to a big one and when its older root prune if needed to maintain a smaller pot size.

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 11:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mantorvillain(z4bMN Dodge)

Hi Oscar. You can probably go up incrementally in pot size as the plant gets larger, but I tend to 'forget'. I containerize most of my brugs (just seem to have better success in my yard with that) and have been traumatized by the cost of larger containers so I went to talk to one of the local nurserymen I patronize (waaaay too much) and he sold me 2 dz 15 gal black tree pots at $4 ea. It was a big outlay and black isn't exactly showy but for the money I now have lots of matching pots......not to mention not risking someone coming into my yard and stealing nice pots which has happened a couple of times (yep, dumped them and took the $$$ glazed pot!). Anyhow, nurserypots are a thought as your collection increases. Good growing, Will

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
Anyone have Painted Lady cuttings?
As common as painted lady used to be i am having trouble...
xeriscape8321
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Brug cuttings:
Good morning all, would like to know if anyone has...
plantmasterm
Cuttings for postage 2nd year
I have been under the weather this year and finally...
rednofl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™