How many colours in your garden?

cookie8(zone 5 ON)July 16, 2008

So I was relaxing watching Cityline and the gardener guy (name??) suggested having no more than three colours in your garden. Anyone follow this rule? I have red, white, yellow, purple, orange, pink and all in various shades. Oops. There are so many plants I like I think it's too hard to pick. Do you follow the rules? Oh yeah, I also did some planting in even numbers. Most are odd but there are some even grouping for the larger things.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
horsetail_2007(5)

I am eclektic and love colour.But this year I did do colour themes for my containers.A red one, a blue one and a yellow one. It does make a stament.

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 3:25PM
marricgardens

I also have a lot of colours in my garden - not only flowers but foliage too. I don't think you can have enough color. My containers are usually a mix of foliage and flowers and sometimes I cram in as many as 6-8 plants. I usually do the large pots so its not hard to put in that many flowers! Marg

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 3:38PM
ianna(Z5b)

I don't know who that guy is but if that's what he said, then I'd say, his ideas are boring. I've blue, white, yellow, lime, pinks, red, oranges of varying tones in my garden.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 11:03AM
More Discussions
Tayberry plants
Hi fellow garderners, I used to order Tayberry plant...
maskoutain
weed or no weed?
approx 4 ft tall any info appreciated
ralu25
Raspberry Transplanting
Hi All, We transplanted raspberries yesterday into...
CassidyResort
Brampton Hardiness Zone
Hello all, Is anyone of you expert on Hardiness Zones. Could...
radovan
What to do with a swampy yard - new homeowner needs ideas!
My yard is a wet sponge. I have a lovely crop of skunk...
jbobs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™