Bloom again?

rosefreak(6bNJ)July 10, 2011

Bought "Wyoming" on sale after bloom....will the spike bloom again, or will the plant throw up another spike? The spike looks pretty exhausted, and I don't see any little nubby "eyes" that look like they could sprout, but I'm new to cannas and maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I paid 4.99 for some nice foliage? ;)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
judderwocky

lol, yes they will definitely bloom again, i leave the stock on to get the seeds out of it, but a lot of people trim them back, and sometimes they rebloom on the same stalk.

make sure it gets lots and lots of sun and it will start putting off clones to the side that will bloom shortly.

im in a very sunny location, and mine are planted on a septic tank, so within a month and half of buying a single bulb, its bloomed three separate times....

i planted a larger clump in the front, and its only been out of bloom for a week.

they will definitely rebloom if you give them enough water, fertilizer, and sunlight --- they are a tropical plant and prefer all those in abundance.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 5:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosefreak(6bNJ)

Thanks, jw. Sun and water I've got right now; I'll fertilize too, see if that does it. Too bad I don't have a septic tank though (they took it out.....)

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 8:25PM
More Discussions
My first Canna blooms ever! NOID. Proud momma!
Just wanted to share the gorgeousness but if anyone...
vega-lyrah
how fast do cannas grow from seed?
I have filed some seeds as well as the edges of my...
christie_sw_mo
Canna from seed - percent success rate?
Hi! About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I prepped and planted canna...
kelli08
Canna ID (1)
Hello, I don't know the name of some of my cannas....
sleuthtl73
When right time to cut down
I have about four or five Canna's growing in a 3' x...
boothbay
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™