Can someone help ID this pink canna?

wanna_run_fasterJuly 9, 2005

Purchased this unnamed pink canna at wal-mart and it is so absolutely beautiful, I know it will be the first one many. Can anyone ID it for me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skygardening(z9 FL)

How tall is it? Is there anything unusual on the stem (a different color than the leaves or a power look)? Are the leaves plain green or another color appearing somewhere? I was thinking "Prissy" if it has some white on the mid rib and edges and the stem is green not reddish. They are considered medium tall.
Sky~~

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 8:36AM
wanna_run_faster

Hi Skygardening,

The tag originally said "dwarf tropical canna". Here's a couple more pictures, if it helps. You can also click on the thumbnails to get a better view. Right now it is about 24 inches tall, the leaves are plain green, I don't see any white, and I don't notice anything different between the leaves and the stem. It sends up a shoot, which has about 10 flowers total, before it dies off and another one comes up about a week later. It is just so beautiful, and I think I was so lucky to find it at wal-mart of all places but the only problem with these found bargins is that they are rarely identified or identified correctly. But I still love it and am definitely going to get some more cannas!

Thanks for you help!

Bookmark   July 15, 2005 at 9:41PM
skygardening(z9 FL)

Looks like there is a slight white edging on it. That is still my guess. Have your tried going to http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ to ID it. Look under all three catigories. Height, color, and foliage to narrow it down. Also try this site. http://www.clainescanna.co.uk/
Click on Canna collection in the left column and then you can look it up the same way. Hope this helps.
Sky~~

Bookmark   July 18, 2005 at 2:36AM
wanna_run_faster

Skygardening, thanks for your help and the sites!

Bookmark   July 18, 2005 at 2:27PM
More Discussions
Canna from seed - percent success rate?
Hi! About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I prepped and planted canna...
kelli08
Three weeks, 6 of 16 germinated
I started mine this year on jan 1. I scarified and...
bragu_DSM 5
Leaf rollers
I had one canna this year that had leaf rollers in...
goldenbuckeye
storage of cannas over winter
I have have over 50 cannas that were dug up winter...
notenoughtimepegster
Canna ID (1)
Hello, I don't know the name of some of my cannas....
sleuthtl73
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™