Please identify

boothbay(7)August 15, 2013

Was given to me 6 bulbs planted late in May of this year. I do not know what type of Canna is this. I was also told by a neighbor that I probably won't get any flowers this year cause it was planted too late. Is that true?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canna2grow

This cultivar is not identifiable without seeing the plant in bloom. It likely belongs to the Musafolia group of cannas. This group typically grows quite tall and produces rather small flowers usually in the red, orange or salmon shades. Several of these differing cultivars bloom in late mid-season in many areas. Your plant appears to be growing very well and I would not be surprised if it produced flowers before frost. You have a beautiful setting and hope you will update your results.

Kent

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 11:03PM
boothbay(7)

Well, surprise for me i see each one with a flower. They are orange color, and don't know if that is the final look of the flower or it would eventually really open up. I will show a couple of pictures soon.

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 7:50PM
ccwinslow(7A)

The foliage appears similar to my 'Wyoming' which blooms a little late (for me) ... and orange. Your plant is very beautiful.

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
canna ratty
Hello my canna were divided and split and cut back...
dennisoates
how fast do cannas grow from seed?
I have filed some seeds as well as the edges of my...
christie_sw_mo
another use for 100 mph tape
Scarification we've all been there. But No matter what...
bragu_DSM 5
storage of cannas over winter
I have have over 50 cannas that were dug up winter...
notenoughtimepegster
Just had to share this
If you live in a zone where you gotta dig your cannas...
bragu_DSM 5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™