Raining now,possible Wed,Sun, and middle of the next week?

stanofhMay 17, 2010

This is now ridiculous. Green lush hillsides going into June? Sounds scary-unatural-lol. The real tropicals in my yard are inching along-if that. I've had squash plants flower at 5-6"..yep,stunting from the too much cool. And not a good variety maybe helped that too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loribee2(CA 9)

It's all my fault. After 15 years of aching to have a vegetable garden again, I finally planted my first spring crop this year. It's my bad luck affecting everyone in the state! I'm sorry! But I'm doing my best to undo the jinx--I haven't washed my car in weeks! ;-)

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 4:26PM
wcgypsy(10 / Sunset 23)

Love it!

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 7:20PM
gobluedjm

Yep its raining here also. Its light but enough to run off the roof. Checked radar it won't last, but it will help something.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 7:56PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I'm so happy here in Socal- my flower garden may last another week! This is the best year ever.
Renee

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 9:46PM
californian

Seven out of the last eight storms bypassed Fullerton without dropping any significant rain. Today all we got was a mist type rain which isn't enough to penetrate even an eighth of an inch into the soil. Wish I could get some of your rain, I have had to water my garden and fruit trees with a hose for the last two months, and that was just after the so called "rainy season". But thanks to some good rain in early February we did get 14 inches so far this rainy season, which is a little over an inch more than the normal 12.86 inches per year. My concrete patio is almost dry even though it is mist raining because it is evaporating as fast as it falls.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 1:13PM
loribee2(CA 9)

I'll accept the loss of some vegetables if all this rain fills up Lake Shasta again. It's been soooo low for years!

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 3:37PM
Dick_Sonia(Sunset 17)

Lake Shasta is currently about 28 inches from the top. Other NorCal lakes, though, are still running low.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 3:47PM
loribee2(CA 9)

Wow, how wonderful. I only see it once a year when we drive by on our way to Oregon. I look forward to seeing all that beautiful blue water again!

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 4:10PM
stanofh

It rained last night,was raining again in the morning..then the sun came out and we are at 68f. Real soaking rain..deep puddles on roadsides.
Last year on this date? we were in the 90's!..the central valley had highs today a year ago of 107!

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 4:51PM
stanofh

They were right.But twice now,long range was for 80's,and twice obviously, el nino kicked that. The cold? they are never wrong..nice weather they can't predict?
Rant of the day-lol.

Bookmark   May 22, 2010 at 1:19PM
nanelle_gw(9/Sunset 14)

Issued by The National Weather Service
Sacramento, CA
2:10 pm PDT, Sat., May. 22, 2010

... PATCHY FROST POSSIBLE IN THE VALLEYS... WITH SNOW SHOWERS IN THE SIERRA OVERNIGHT...

WTH!

Bookmark   May 22, 2010 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
Container Gardening in Zone 9a
Hi everyone, I am pretty new to gardening and would...
giddyupgo
Northern California Roll Call!!!! 2.0
Did I miss it? Part 1 was closed http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/calif/msg1019364625268.html?150 Nanelle...
nanelle_gw
Pool landscaping: a question of symmetry
The coping (a sandy colored Utah stone) for my swimming...
zagyzebra
Mother Nature Fooled the beans, Now Hurry Hummingbird it's up to you
Well the beans have come out of their husky winter...
Wild Haired Mavens
Need help with identification
I have tiny black round specks all over my fence and...
Nancy Taylor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™