Ontario Question

goldenbuckeye(5/6 OH)August 4, 2006

Forgive me for posting a non gardening question here but I can't find anywhere else to ask.

We're going to Big Bear Camp at Lake Horwood for the next 2 weeks and I have no idea what kind of clothes to take because I don't know what the weather is like this time of year there. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rosie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
casper1(5/6- -10F Ont)

I am not familiar with the lake you mentioned, but the climate here at this time of year is not that much different from Ohio, warm days and (hopefully) cooler nights. Regular clothing, some rainwear, P,J's, bathingsuits, possibly a sweater and a light jacket, AND DON"T FORGET THE INSECT REPELLANT. Welcome and I hope you enjoy. Rai

Bookmark   August 4, 2006 at 3:48PM
Crafty Gardener(ON 5b)

Lake Horwood is near Timmins.
It's summer here in Ontario ... hot and humid. Lately the humidex readings have been well in the mid 40's celsius. We've also been having some spectacular thunder and lightening storms with some areas of cottage country having lots of damage. The evenings are starting to get cooler, down to mid 20's celsius. I would say you need a bit of everything ... shorts, tees, jeans, and sweaters for the cooler nights. ANd yes, lots of bug repellant. Don't forget you camera to sanp the wildlife. The fishing is great. Enjoy your trip.

Bookmark   August 6, 2006 at 7:07AM
myfairychloe(5b Guelph ON)

Don't forget bear repellant!!! I used to live in Timmins :)

Bookmark   August 6, 2006 at 9:08PM
More Discussions
Help Me Please Identify Unknown Plant
Hi, there is an unknown plant growing in my garden....
petra.gombos
Has anyone given up on hostas?
I know they're a shade garden staple, and they look...
noplacelikehomeforsure
hardy annuals
hey all i live on vancouver island, just wondering...
tomlinson04
Looking for a Scuffle Hoe
Hello everyone: The new anti-pesticide laws have my...
northerner_on
3 week old cedars browning
Had 60' worth of 8-11' white cedars installed 3 weeks...
mensreaj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™