NOL, lilies, epis, misc

karyn1(7a)June 11, 2010

New Orleans Lady's first bloom opened tonight. For some reason the first several blooms of the season are always deformed in some way, usually the inner skirt, but the scent is always incredible. It will color up as it ages.

My lilies have started blooming. My favorite are the rubrums but they are a ways from blooming.

I'm confused about some epi's. I thought they were the same plants but the blooms are very different. One has a much smaller upright bloom.

The other is 3x the size and pendulous. The reproductive structures look different as well. The larger bloom looks like a Dragon fruit bloom but the plant looks like the epi with the flat foliage.

Misc flowers:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
retsec

Your first epi looks like the one I have. I think it may be the hooker's orchid cactus. Look it up and see if that is what you have. What is the last picture?

Bookmark   June 11, 2010 at 10:47PM
fool4flowers(8)

The first one looks like hookerii the other looks like my queen of the night epi. Love the other pics as well. What is the last one?

Bookmark   June 11, 2010 at 11:04PM
karyn1(7a)

So they are both epis. The different blooms confused me. The last pic is a dianthus, Spooky, I think.

Bookmark   June 11, 2010 at 11:27PM
figara(Ca 9)

Karyn, what is the name of your passiflora? Looks so similar with mine which I grew it from seeds I picked up last year from a school I visited.

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 12:03AM
taz56(z8 Ga.)

Very Pretty!

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 3:18AM
karyn1(7a)

They are P. caeruleas. It's one of the hardiest passies. The fruit is edible but it isn't palatable.

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 7:54AM
threas(z7 PA)

Very pretty! What are the small blue flowers? Love blue! BTW, my hardy plumbago is getting buds! Did yours survive?

Theresa

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 9:29AM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Pretty photos. I already have cats all over the passies here. Of course they always want to get on the good ones instead of the incense and caerulea ones that I grow for them lol.

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 1:40PM
drvongirl

Love the pic's, so jealous of the lily blooms mine are just starting to bud. I have a couple of epis (night queen)but I guess it will take a couple of years before they flower. Are they slow growers? They haven't grown much since they were potted. Ellen

Bookmark   June 12, 2010 at 1:45PM
fool4flowers(8)

Love all the flowers Karyn. Was rushing last time I looked at them. Spooky is cool, lol. Ellen I put mine outside under a tree for some dappled sun and give it bloom booster and it blooms really often now. It didn't ever bloom when I kept it in the house all year. Now it only comes in for the winter.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 12:30AM
PKponder TX(7b)

Everything is just gorgeous! I love the blue flowers too, they remind me of either speedwell or leadwort. The daylilies are really going full tilt, aren't they?

Pam

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 12:33AM
karyn1(7a)

I wish I'd get some GF cats! That's why I started growing passies to begin with but it's been over 10 years and no GF's. I have plenty of varieties that are hosts for them but nada, nothing, zip : ( The blue flowers are called Triteleia "Queen Fabiola". I completely ignore the epis. I never feed or water them. I was going to toss them all but decided to just combine them in bigger pots. I had a bunch because a leaf would break off and I'd stick it in a pot. I ended up with about 10 pots of epis and I think most are white flowered. It wouldn't be so bad if I had other colors.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 6:30AM
marquest(z5 PA)

Karyn, you have so many beautiful flowers. I want to be just like you when I grow up. LOL

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 11:11PM
More Discussions
Cuttings for postage 2nd year
I have been under the weather this year and finally...
rednofl
WANTED: Well rooted brug plants-can't root a cutting!
I love these plants and have tried multiple times to...
skipper08
Brug Tree Vs Scrub
This is my first year growing brugs and I'm addicted....
halley_rose
New to brugs
I've not grown brugs before but have admired them for...
Vikki
goodgirl35us
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™