Even without blooms brugs photos are fun

rock_oak_deer(8b TX)June 27, 2010

This Anole has been camping out on this same brug leaf every evening for several days so I finally took some photos to share.

I finally took the plunge and planted one out in the yard. It looks good there even without blooms. It's been there a week and no deer nibbles yet. My neighbors mature brugs survived our 15o lows last winter so this will stay out. It's too large to manage in a pot and I'm hoping for a larger flush of blooms this way.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
princealbert(Aransas Pass TX)

Great lizard photo Shirley!!
pa

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 10:35PM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

I miss lizards! They're so darn cute!! I have garden snakes tho, so I guess I have to be satisfied. The brugs look wonderful - I planted some inground for the same reason this year, good luck to us both. Mine will freeze tho if I don't dig them up later.

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 11:07PM
knotz(8/PNW SWWA)

Beautiful lizard!!

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 12:30AM
eloise_ca

Cool lizard Shirley! Earlier this morning, I went out front to turn on the sprinklers and saw a possum coming out from under some plants. I haven't seen one in a very long time so it surprised me. I too need to plant some brugs in the ground soon that I have in cups. They definitely grow bigger and quicker that way. Hope the deer stay away from your brug.

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 8:58AM
PKponder TX(7b)

I love that anole! Beautiful little guy!

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 1:24PM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Thanks all! They are so cute and we enjoy them. Sometimes they pose on the stone wall just like those metal lizards in the garden gift shops but don't want to wait for me to get a picture.

I've only seen one snake so far this year and I don't think it was poisonous but I only saw the back end. It was headed under the deck.

We also have possums, skunks, coyotes, racoons, armadillos and even a possible bobcat sighting. You would think we lived way out in the country instead of a few blocks from one of the busiest intersections in the city.

I was surprised at how many things survived the record cold last year. The biggest losses around were the tropical palms which we don't have anyway.

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 6:38PM
fool4flowers(8)

I love those lizards when they puff out their throats, lol. They are happy in the greenhouse. Your brug will like being in the ground. Make sure it gets plenty of water with the tree roots close by.

Bookmark   June 29, 2010 at 10:18PM
More Discussions
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Need Brugs Cuttings
Hello, a few yrs back a very nice woman on this forum...
gardenlady48
WANTED: Well rooted brug plants-can't root a cutting!
I love these plants and have tried multiple times to...
skipper08
Why don't my plants set seeds??
I have had my brugs for over 30 years and to my knowledge...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Dr. Seuss got a little cold
Ok, so advice - Vinyl greenhouses from Big Lots cannot...
cygnwulf
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™