Looking for 'Flower Girl' Tree Rose

hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CAMay 5, 2013

I posted over on the Rose Forum, but thought I would also try on the California Gardening Forum as well. We had a huge disappointment after coming back from a 10 day vacation, to find one of our two gorgeous 'Flower Girl' tree roses snapped in half, most likely due to the Santa Ana winds we had last week. We were just sick. I am having huge difficulties finding this gorgeous Weeks cultivar anywhere in my local garden centers in San Diego county, and even online. Hoping someone might be able to help me locate a replacement, either in San Diego county or even Orange county, or from an online source (hard, because we're much after bare root season). Just sick at heart to see this lovely tree rose gone!

Patty S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
publickman

Monrovia Nursery has a Rose Marie Magnolia tree rose, and perhaps they can help you find what you want. They're in Azusa, but you can take I15 to get there from Vista.

We were in Vista 10 days ago to buy ephiphyllum at Rainbow Gardens, and the drive was slow going down but fast coming back on a Saturday, but we had to take the 405.

Lars

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 4:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Thanks, publikman. I'll check this cultivar out. No one has 'Flower Girl' anywhere in the country, as a tree rose, sadly. I checked with Weeks Roses, and they said as much. I would literally have to find the "needle in the haystack" nursery that has some old, leftover 'Flower Girl' tree rose languishing on their lot. Highly unlikely.

Patty S.

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 5:38PM
More Discussions
Podocarpus (fern pine): a monster?
My neighbor told me that my new collection of five...
ruby138
Cassia Leptophylla Leaves All Turned Black
I had four 24" boxed Cassia Leptophylla trees...
SDNativeNovice
Lattice grid pavers and what to plant
Using these to make a walkway in the alley that connects...
oberci
New home owner... looking for gardening ideas...
Hey everyone. I am a new home owner... there is currently...
Joseph Wind
Northern California Roll Call!!!! 2.0
Did I miss it? Part 1 was closed http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/calif/msg1019364625268.html?150 Nanelle...
nanelle_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™