new problem with desert rose

txcactus(7b Dallas/Fort Worth)May 25, 2009

Hi All,

I've been fighting a nasty case of scale on my desert rose and now have a new problem of brown tips on the leaves. I think I've read that this may be caused by fertilizer burn but I don't 'think' I've fertilized it that much. The plant is in a very good fast draining soil mixture and on the southwest side of the house for adequate sunlight. How do I treat this? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rjj1(Norman OK Zone7)

What did you use to treat the scale? Is it possible that caused a small leaf burn thing if the plant was not shaded while the leaves were wet? I always do that sort of thing a few hours before daylight and move the plant to a shaded area.

You could cut off the offending leaves. Or you could cut all the leaves off, tip prune, and start over. :-)

randy

Bookmark   May 25, 2009 at 5:12PM
txcactus(7b Dallas/Fort Worth)

I've treated it with alcohol on q-tips, systemic, insecticidal soap, Neem oil (but not in a long time), and the list goes on and on. I may pull the damaged leaves off and spray with Neem oil again after dark tonight. Thanks for your response. I'm glad to see you posting again.

Bookmark   May 25, 2009 at 6:13PM
chairmanmeow

i have a question about my desert rose-- i live in charlotte, nc, and i usually bring it in, along with my jade tree, during the winter. i would like to know if anyone in my area has left their adenium or jade out for an entire winter. i am worried that they will die or get damaged, but they are getting much to large for the indoors now!!

thanks for any help you can give me!

Bookmark   May 26, 2009 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
Help! Unhappy succulents!
Help! My succulents don't look happy! Their little...
holliescruton
Dirty Cactus
Help! The new growth on my cactus is nice but the...
trini1trini
Sometimes rot ends well
Here are some pics of a jade that started as a chunk...
Nil13 usda:9a sunset:21 LA,CA (Mount Wash.)
How to use excess sedum seedlings?
I purchased seed for Red Carpet Sedum, in preparation...
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI
What to do with this?
Hi everyone we had this superb plant in our garden...
garazy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™