Black swallowtail butterfly

fool4flowers(8)June 16, 2010

This butterfly was outside too weak to fly. Looked like he some damage to the bottom of one wing. He adopted Morgan and she has been feeding him fruit and home made nectar. He went to vacation bible school with her tonight too and she taught the younger kids about what we had learned about him. I don't know how long he will live but sure likes her. She puts him down and he climbs to her and gets back on her head or face. He is sitting on her head on a piece of dill right now watching her on the computer, lol. The second pic if a short video clip. If you click on it maybe it will play.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommysmommy(Colorado)

That is the sweetest thing! How cool she can show the kids at VBS a little taste of caring for all God's creatures, great and small. Now I want to know, where does he sleep? Surely not on her head!!

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 10:05AM
figara(Ca 9)

That's so cool!

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 11:15AM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Ahh what cute photos. That would make a great scrapbook page. Your dd is beautiful. How old is she now?

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 4:56PM
fool4flowers(8)

He slept in her room. She is 14 now and growing up sooo fast. She is a sweety though. Sadly Flutterbye is no longer with us. I guess he lived out his life cycle. I thought it was strange that he would fly around a bit but come back to her. He was obviously weak already so maybe it was his time to go already. She enjoyed having him around though.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 7:25PM
knotz(8/PNW SWWA)

That's awesome!!..Both are beautiful :)

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
Why don't my plants set seeds??
I have had my brugs for over 30 years and to my knowledge...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Screwed By 7servant7
Well, Take a Look At The Picture 7servant7 Is Displaying...
byrd4460
How many cuttings in one pot?
I have 12 cuttings in water that have lengthy roots...
bdw75
Brug cuttings:
Good morning all, would like to know if anyone has...
plantmasterm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™