Cattle panels for hoop house

zuni(5a)September 23, 2011

Does anyone know where I can buy cattle panels in Ontario to make a trellis/hoop house? There are some great designs out there, but the cattle panels are only available in the states... the Ontario TSC stores do not carry them. I live in York Region.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ianna(Z5b)

you mean screens? Have you checked out Home Depot or Lowes?

Bookmark   September 28, 2011 at 5:14PM
signet_gw

Hi Zuni ,

I have the most recent TSC sales flyer and they have what they call corn crib wire on sale . 2"x4" holes and 60"wide by 100 ft roll for 109.99 regularly sells for $169.99. They also have horse fence 48" wide xy 100 ft for 143.99.Doesnt mention size of holes on that one but I believe the first one I mentioned is what you are looking for . Sale ends Thursday October 6th. Not sure where you are located but perhaps if they dont have it in your store they could get it in for you .

Hope this helps

Signet

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 1:12PM
zuni(5a)

Thanks folks, but I do mean "cattle panels". These are 8'x16' galvanized panels with large openings that allow you to reach through. TSC offers these in the states but not in Canada. If you want to see a photo, check the post under the the vertical gardening forum: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/vertical/msg0622582022244.html.
I am planning to bring a couple back from the states at some point...

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 9:13AM
swontgirl_z5a(5a)

These panels are used to make a pen on the front of calf hutches. Do you have any farm supply places around or any Co-op stores? Try in some of the smaller towns near you or try to find someone who farms. I know there aren't many farms left in York region so you might have to look further afield.

Bookmark   October 7, 2011 at 7:46PM
zuni(5a)

Ontario TSC stores are now advertising cattle panels on sale for $28!!! Gardener stampede, anyone?

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Toronto cold alert deaths vs Vancouver palm trees
Cold can hit the west coast an throw snow on the palm...
Paul_Ont
weed or no weed?
approx 4 ft tall any info appreciated
ralu25
3 week old cedars browning
Had 60' worth of 8-11' white cedars installed 3 weeks...
mensreaj
test
test
Nitefall
Looking for a Scuffle Hoe
Hello everyone: The new anti-pesticide laws have my...
northerner_on
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™