3 plants that need an id

Microthrix(9)May 6, 2012

The only thing the pot said was south american saguaro ...

Heres a cute fuzzy one

Some kind of notocactus

ResizedImage_1336335160188.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Microthrix(9)

And in that first pic when i poke at the little weed thing it bleeds white sap, is it a euphorbia?

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 4:57PM
rosemariero6(z10 /ss24 So. Calif.)

The first looks like it could be a match - Trichocereus tersheckii (No, not Euphorbia...are you sure it was the cactus bleeding the sap & not from one of those Euphorbia leaves of the plant at its base?)

2nd, looks like Espostoa lanata to me.

3rd, I believe is Notocactus roseoluteus.

Where did you get these? Nice plants!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 6:07PM
Microthrix(9)

I know the first pic is a cactus :P in the first comment i did mean the little things at the base, should have clarified that ... i got the first and third one from lowes and about the second one ... my neighbors moved away and left 5 cacti in a weird sled thing so i just adopted them and cared for them ... they grew alot in about 3 years

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 6:21PM
rosemariero6(z10 /ss24 So. Calif.)

Sorry, my eyeballs skipped right over your "little weed thing" part. My bad. Yes, the weed is a Euphorbia...perhaps E. prostrata or another Spurge.

Looks like you've done well with your wards! =)

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 8:12PM
noki

Can I add 2 more for ID so I don't have to start a new thread?

First seems like a Mammalia, but seems coarser with stronger spines than a "Red Headed Irishman"... or maybe it is just a variation...?

Second is a weird one, but I'm worried it is just an unnatural hybrid, since that is all I can find online.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 12:07AM
Microthrix(9)

First is a mammillaria ... maybe bombycina mixed with red headded irish man? ... im no expert, but its very cute and attractive ... i might just steal it ! :O ... second is Mammillaria longimamma ... i love those :) to starta thread just go to the bottom of the page and there is a message box and a tittle box fill those in press preview message and then post :)

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 2:38AM
Microthrix(9)

Scratch the first one ... i think it is Mammillaria pringlei mixed with something :P

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 2:44AM
noki

Thanks! I think you are correct with the long tipped one pic #2. The only plant I could find to match was a Ferobergia hybrid. I'm much happier that it is Mammillaria longimamma. I didn't even guess a Mammillaria species. Hope I get a big yellow flower to confim the plant.

The first one... I don't know. Has fewer, thicker spines than a "Red Headed Irishman". "Red Headed Irishman" seems softer and fuzzier to me. The red spines don't appear to be hooked. Doesn't seem to get white on top. No sign of flowers to help ID. Mammillaria supraflumen seems kinda close but not quite right.

I didn't want to start too many ID threads because it seems to annoy some and buries the social threads.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:21AM
More Discussions
Hobbit, skinny fingers or Gollum
Okay just brought this off eBay it was labeled as a...
Hamza Nobes
Agave - ID & Care
I bought this little plant yesterday - Feb 26. I'd...
bobv2
Jade prune going back farther than expected? Normal???
Hey, This Jade has been through a lot and I've posted...
deva33 Z5 SE Iowa
Could someone identify this plant?
I'm pretty sure this guy is in a succulent family....
RobynDarlene
Can you please name this succulent (Qatar)
This was growing along with cactus it has red ripe...
maufie123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™