I think I may have lost my succulent...

littledaffodilMay 17, 2014

I started noticing brown spots after leaving it outside during the day time so I brought it in and kept it in the window for light. I was notified I was watering it too much after searching for why my cactus wasn't thriving so I cut back to a week and a half then to two.now the leaves are still brown and wilted and it looks just awful. I'm a first time succulent enthusiast. Can anyone help me with my current problem or give me tips on how to care for my vast array of new babies I've acquired. Thank you for helping a first te poster. Take care.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jojosplants(9/ Tucson, Az.)

It looks sunburned to me. :-/ They need to introduced to the outdoors gradually. I don't know if it is savable. You may want to take it out of the pot and see if it still has roots.

Cactus and succulents really shouldn't be watered on a schedule. They need to dry out in between. It takes some time to learn what each one needs. Many of us judge by the weight of the pot.

It's hard to help with with the care of your others, without knowing what they are. If you know the names, you can google for information, or post pictures here for help.

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 10:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aztcqn

I know how it is when first acquiring experience in a new hobby. It's a learning process.
I believe if the center cluster is still good, then there's a good chance it will recover after a bit. Agree with jojosplants, check to see if it has viable roots. If so, it's just a matter of time before it recovers. What I would do is repot into a fast draining mix, keep in partial shade 'til it starts new growth, then gradually move into more light.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 6:41AM
More Discussions
Prevent mix from falling out drain hole - what do you use?
I have a few particles falling out the bottom of my...
Bama_Joe
Succulent Growing Roots From Stem
Not sure what I should do with my plant! It has been...
chelseaw
Jade tree pricing
Okay this may sound like a silly question but a Gollum...
Hamza Nobes
Show my new collection of succulents
I got a present. Look at these succulents.
hm825
Jade prune going back farther than expected? Normal???
Hey, This Jade has been through a lot and I've posted...
deva33 Z5 SE Iowa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™