grrrrr...any idea if this is possible to do?.

KittieKATMay 18, 2014

So i have this mini mammilliaria gracilis fragilis (??)
And it was covered in these cute little webbed balls of cacti pups....until my bf decided to 'accidentally' pull a few off by touching them to see what they feel like....grrrr. not to happy right NOW! Was wondering if there's any way to PROP the little pups he 'accidentally' popped off...or not?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
0nametaken0

aww I got them a few weeks ago from walmart. I have about 5 or 6 pups that were on the soil. Ive placed them in a seperate pot ontop of soil (didnt press or bury into the soil). They will eventually grow roots.

i actually wanted to do this because it just meant I will have more of the same plant. Its just like succulent leafs when they fall and take root.

This post was edited by NameTaken on Sun, May 18, 14 at 17:15

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 5:14PM
KittieKAT

Yea i did that as well, just wasn't sure if i had to cut the bottom off a little bit or add rooting powder. Thought I'd double check on here

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 6:03PM
0nametaken0

Well lets wait for the more experienced to answer. Ive had mine sitting for a few weeks now and just picked one up, there seem is a single, small stem on each it seems. Its taken longer than I wouldve liked though. I did not water them either for the first few weeks.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 6:17PM
plantomaniac08(8)

Don't cut the bottom off. Just sit it in the soil and it'll root eventually. Don't tug on it every now and then either to see if it's rooted, you might inadvertently remove the tiny root it has forming.

Planto

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 6:48PM
KittieKAT

Yea i just kinda wait until the leaves either die off or root....hopefully they'll root or my bfs gonna have a very very unhappy gf!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 7:37PM
kaktuskris(5)

This plant is known for the segments easily falling off...If you just place on top of the planting medium, they should root easily.

Christopher

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 8:06PM
KittieKAT

Well i guess he's lucky...for now..that is.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 9:34PM
More Discussions
Hello Again!
Hi everyone! I used to be a very active member on...
irisherin13
Jades Surviving, but not Thriving
Hello! New here, but I've been lurking for the last...
andelice
Jades on Sunday Morning
For me, one of the joys of Sunday is being able to...
kaktuskris
Spring repots anyone???
I've already started my Spring repots even though it's...
deva33 Z5 SE Iowa
Starting out with lots of Questions about my Succulents!
Good afternoon ladies/gentlemen! I have a few questions...
Britni Rice
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™