what's everyone doing?

celtic_07(3b)January 27, 2012

Hi there doesn't seem to be any activity at the site Anyone started seeds yet? Lois

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greylady_gardener

Hi Lois,
I am mainly waiting for more favourable conditions for WS. every time we get any cold temps or snow, it is gone in a day or two and it warms up and becomes downright balmy, and pours rain in buckets. Lots of muddy feet (eight big ones) several times a day when the dogs go out for their bathroom break!~ :)

I have made up my list of possibilities, but it is so big that it needs to be 'revised'. I really need to get those perennials out there asap! I also had some houseplants that I intended to get planted this winter (inside of course LOL), but they are still sitting there. A very busy last few months, just not busy with planting. :) what have you been doing? :)

Lois

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 9:43PM
celtic_07(3b)

Hi Lois -such a great name not heard lots
I am hoping to start some perennials staring in Feb. This will be the first time attempting this.I have tons of seeds saved some from last year and this year- unable to plant any last year as shoulder was fractured and had the last? surgery done this xmas ( total replacement).Have lots of large mixed greens plastic containers.
Can't wait to get started need to get starter soil still. Everyones pics are very encouraging.
take care Lois

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 3:31PM
greylady_gardener

wow, Lois! it sounds like you have had a very painful time. I hope you are on your way to a quick and complete recovery now and that it is all behind you.

well it was not the greatest day to WS but the mood hit (and I had the time! :)) so out went some containers. Planted gaillardia 'arizona', gaillardia 'mesa yellow', lupinus perennis and pink, fig leafed hollyhock. columbine 'cearulis'.
I may do a few more perennials, but the rest will probably be annuals. At least they can wait a while.

Very mild out there today--8 degrees. I hope it cools a bit for the sake of my WS!

Bookmark   January 31, 2012 at 7:11PM
marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario

I planted several containers last weekend, but only have 10 containers altogether. I've really slowed down on winter sowing in the past couple of years. I do a lot of annuals in late March, early April, though, and that will be the bulk of my WSing this year.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Has anyone wintersown apples?
Heyo all - I'm looking at growing rootstock from seedlings...
FoothillsOrchard
Sprouts in Zone 5
I went out to have a look at my pop bottles yesterday...
northerner_on
"Is it too late" and other questions
I've been lurking on WS forums for years and haven't...
mamahoohoo
Echinacea's
Will be planting about 40 containers of different Echinacea...
wmc1
New echinacea Cheyenne Spirit
We just received our William Dam Seeds catalogue, and...
ontnative
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™