More winter sown planting today...anyone else?

gardeng8(5sw on)February 8, 2009

Finally got going again on my winter sowing! I sowed:

-siberian iris

-burgundy gallardia

-Summer Sun heliopsis

-Fatal Attraction echinacea

-Magnus echinacea

-Sunset echinacea

-siberian wallflower

-pink & white baby's breath

-La Fleur Lilac datura

-Firecracker allium

-digitalis lutea

-dwarf pink,double black & pink/pink eye hollyhocks

-lupin fabacea

-pink lupin

-Lucifer crocosmia

-pulsatilla vulgaris

-Jasione laevis (Shepherd's scabiosa)

-thrift

-dianthus

-blue flax

-Summer Nights delphinium (short)

I am pleased with todays sowing...have visions of everything blooming...sweet dreams! Tomorrow is another day...I just know there are more seeds that need to be sown! How about you??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardeng8(5sw on)

Northerner, loads of time left to winter sow! I still have lots to do here also! I feel panic when I see on the Winter Sown site that people in warmer zones are planting out...and then I realize that we still have so much time before we can actually plant out. I hope to do more winter sowing this weekend and then do annuals in late March/early April. Good luck with your winter sowing!!! and have fun. Let us know how you make out!

Bookmark   December 2, 0002 at 12:07AM
gardeng8(5sw on)

Northerner, loads of time left to winter sow! I still have lots to do here also! I feel panic when I see on the Winter Sown site that people in warmer zones are planting out...and then I realize that we still have so much time before we can actually plant out. I hope to do more winter sowing this weekend and then do annuals in late March/early April. Good luck with your winter sowing!!! and have fun. Let us know how you make out!

gardeng8(5sw on)

tiffy_z5_6_can(5/6)

On Sunday I did 3 different Foxgloves in 7 containers and at the end threw all the seeds in together in an eight container. :O) Got lots more to do but waiting for the -20C weather to pass through.

Bookmark   February 10, 2009 at 4:58PM
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

You two are making me start to panic!!I can't believe it is nearly the end of February and I haven't started sowing yet. We were away for most of January, then I came home to a sick child and spent the first half of the month nursing him back to good health. On Friday I went to Walmart - no seed starter. I remembered seeing some Pro-Mix at Canadian Tire and went there - no seed-starter except some small bags by Miracle-Grow which I never buy, but at least there is no fertilizer in it. Today I brought in my containers from the garage so I should be able to do some sowing tomorrow. Of course I am still doing trades. Wish me luck!!

Bookmark   February 24, 2009 at 5:11AM
ljpother(3a)

I planted a few spinach seeds in a ceramic planter last weekend. I covered them with old windshield washer containers and watered them in.

Currently, it's -20C going to -25C overnight, the last 3 cm of 10 cm of snow is still blowing around in gentle breeze. There is lots of time left for winter sowing. :) I'm thinking that when my potting soil thaws, it will be a good time to get serious about planting.

Bookmark   February 25, 2009 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
New echinacea Cheyenne Spirit
We just received our William Dam Seeds catalogue, and...
ontnative
Nanking cuttings. plant now??
I have read that I can take cuttings from my NanKing...
xcaret
Favourite Suppliers?
Hello All! I'm completely new to winter sowing. I can't...
redwolfdoc_z5
My first attempt
Hello! This is my first year winter sowing, and I'm...
redwolfdoc_z5
New to Winter Sowing but 55 containers
HI, All!! I think I have made newbie mistakes!! I work...
Hailey99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™