Angels Summer Dream fragrance?

kimka(Zone 6B)July 14, 2010

I just had my first flowers from a recent purchase of AngelÂs Summer Dream (from Logee's summer sale so it should be true to name). Unlike my other brugs, it didn't seem to have much of a fragrance.

Have other people found it to be lacking in fragrance too or is this just the strange weather we've had in around Washington DC this summer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
danasplants(9a)

Wish you would have posted a pic don't think I have ever seen that one love all the angel collection. I have a few angels sunbeam and angels flight waiting for them to grow to flower If they don't have a strong scent I will be disapointed angels exotic is a strong grower too Later this fall I should be posting a few pic's

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 1:05PM
fool4flowers(8)

Make sure you sniff it at night. A lot of mine only smell strong then. In the early evening or morning they have almost no scent. One is so strong I can smell it when I walk out the door and sniff my way over to it but others have a more slight fragrance and you have to sniff the flower.

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 5:19PM
braun06_gmail_com

I received mine back in early May and had a flower developing for the last 3-4 weeks but killed the flower as it was getting ready to open by overwatering. I have another getting ready to open and I can let you know if smell anything.

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 9:36AM
karyn1(7a)

I have a few of the angel's varieties but none have held their buds yet. Hopefully I'll get blooms this season. I can only smell brugs in the evening. None of mine have any fragrance during the day.

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 9:56AM
braun06

My Angel's Summer Dream has been slowly dropping the flowers out of the buds over the past week. So far as I am seeing color develop, at this point have no fragrance at night on mine.

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 1:52PM
braun06_gmail_com

Yes my Angels Summer Dream has fragrance at night but not strong enough that it carries long distances.

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 2:24PM
braun06_gmail_com

My Angel's Summer dream has been flowering for quite some time now. It is a real bloomer, keeps going and going and going. I havent been impressed with much fragrance and any fragrance I do smell isnt the kind of fragrance I like in Brugmansia. The flowers themselves dont last as long on the ASD as they do on my Supernova Brugmansia. I would give 3-4 days for each bloom to last. I will likely scrap it and try a Dr. Suess since I am more after fragrance than just a flower.

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 1:43PM
More Discussions
Dr. Seuss got a little cold
Ok, so advice - Vinyl greenhouses from Big Lots cannot...
cygnwulf
Question for Rosie1949. Re overwintering brugs in water
I posted this on another thread but since it may not...
mnwsgal 4 MN
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Finally able to retrieve my brugmansia....now what?!?
Hello everyone. I am hoping one of you experts will...
rnb68
goodgirl35us
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™