OT..New Baby!

chena(z8 Texas)July 3, 2010

Yesterday was BIG day! We adopted a rescue Blue Heeler from a foster home.. Her name is Cama(flouge).. she is real sweet has great manners and we are hoping she has the instincts to be a working dog.. She is 2yrs old and has been discouraged from herding Horses.. so she is a bit hesitant to help with the cattle..She ...is pretty smart hopefully she wil catch on..LOL

OH and then there was supper!!! Steak Friday!! WOOHOO and home grown Tomatoes.. Big Boys and Black Seaman.. YUMMY!!!!!

Kylie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Kylie, Your Camoflage is a real beauty!! I like her little white spot on her forehead. Sometimes the rescue animals really turn out to be the best :) Your maters look yummy. Did you ever plant any of the hot pepper seeds I sent you last year? I planted those purple jalepenos seeds and they are going crazy this year. They are hotter than the normal green ones we have..and much more prolific. We have been roasting them and then stuffing with cheese!

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 2:53PM
eloise_ca

Those tomatoes look sooooooooooo good! Your doggy Cama looks right at home.

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 10:04AM
PKponder TX(7b)

Mmmm love those tomatoes!

Cama looks like she'll fit right in with your family. I love her coat!

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 12:19PM
chena(z8 Texas)

No Lenette.. I have them in the ice box... I have been out of town so much I didn't get to start anything and Hubby has been doin DBL Duty.. I Lost my Father 2 Aunts and my Step Father in the past 8 mo. sooooo .. I haven't had much time to take of a anything.. all looks like cr@p cept for Tomatoes squash and okra..YAY!!!! Next yr hopefully will be able to rebuild and replace a few things.. No Worries it is just stuff.. Family First!! ALWAYS!!! I do have a new GD tho!!!! The best part so far..LOL.. Happy 4th EVERYONE!!!

Kylie

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 2:30PM
karyn1(7a)

She's a beauty and I bet she'll be a fast learner. The hearding instinct in bred into them. She'll probably be so much happier once she understands that you want her to work. Love the tomatoes.

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 3:43PM
tommysmommy(Colorado)

That's a good lookin' dog - good for you rescuing her and giving her a forever home. 'Maters look luscious - I only have small green ones so far, but they'll come. After all it is north central Colorado.

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 7:00PM
threas(z7 PA)

Congrats, Kylie on Cama and those delicious looking tomatoes!
Cama looks like an old lady with that gray hair!LOL

Theresa

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 9:01AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

She's beautiful!

Congratulations on those tomatoes. I know how hard it can be to grow them in this climate.

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 11:50AM
knotz(8/PNW SWWA)

Beautiful new puppy addition to your family Kylie!!...You've had a rough last 8 months but SO happy about your new granddaughter...We find out what our new grandbaby is on July 16th.

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 2:12PM
gottahosta(z7b_NE_GA)

Cama looks very healthy, and lucky! She got adopted by YOU!!! Love will conquer the negatives in her life. Good luck retraining her.
The tomatoes look delicious. My favorite black is Black Krim- let me know how these "blacks" taste! A 7-8 years ago, I grew a black Russian tomato and we couldnot eat them because of how they looked- how times, and perceptions, change!!!
~Brenda

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 1:56PM
fool4flowers(8)

I swiped a green boxcar willy on my way out, lol. Took it home to ripen in the window sill and a cutting of the plant. Hope it roots. That was some nice looking tomato plants you had and Camo is just a sweetheart.

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 9:24PM
marcie_new(z8)

Your new baby will be great! I just know it,Your tomys look delicious!! My God Kylie you have had too many loses,I don't know how you keep it together girl, My tomatoes got eaten up by grasshopers, but they are recovering my peppers did not come back, I only have 3 plants of peter pepper, one japenesse pepper plant, my friend she has a very nice garden, I am lucky to be one of her friends she shares!!, Marcie

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 1:29AM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Sorry to learn about all the sadness of losing so many people this year. I truely hope things can get better for you. Congrats on the new GD!! Your maters did so much better than mine. Mine got those horrible stink bugs when the fruit started maturing grrr.

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 10:17AM
More Discussions
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
angel trumpet seeds
im getting ready to bid on some white and purple angel...
jeannie75
Sphagnum Moss Rooting Method - Step by Step!
I've had a couple of requests as to how I root my cuttings!...
sibhskylvr
New to brugs
I've not grown brugs before but have admired them for...
Vikki
Brugmansia Eternity
I think everyone should have no problems flowering...
boonboon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™