Outdoor extension cord with timer??

nonews(Zone 7 NC)March 30, 2006

I have a fountain out on our patio. IÂm looking for an extension cord with a timer so that it would turn the pump on about 8 am and off at 7 or 8 pm. Then I would also want to plug in an additional pump. And all of this should be outdoors. I thought I had seen one in some catalog, but of course canÂt find it now. It had about a 6Â cord to plug into an outside outlet. Then you could plug in several extension cords. Have you seen one anywhere?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tamelask(z8a NC)

they sell them at the big boxes at christmastime. during the yr, i dont know. might be worth cking on some of the pond sites. you could probably plug an outdor timer into your GFCI outlet (big boxes have them yr round), then run a heavy duty outdoor ex cord with 3 plugs to where you want it as a temp fix til you find what you're looking for. good luck! tammy

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 9:36AM
nonews(Zone 7 NC)

Thanks, Tamelask. Saturday, I received a catalog from Charley's Greenhouse & Garden and actually found what I was looking for. It is a little pricey, but it is just what I was looking for - with 6 outlets. Boy, could I have pumps and fountains!! Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: weatherproof timer

Bookmark   April 2, 2006 at 5:57PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

cool! glad you found it. t

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Fruit trees
Hi! We've decided we have room for nine more fruit...
HollowOakFarm
Raleigh Spring Swap details posted
I've posted the details of the Raleigh Spring Swap...
trianglejohn
Copper Canyon Daisy
Does anyone know where i can find seed or plants of...
Ralph Whisnant
Symposium in Greensboro, NC
Guilford Horticultural Society has announced its 30th...
ncrescue
A New Year's Resolution
I resolve to co-exist with hairy bittercress. This...
dottie_in_charlotte
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™