I thought I only had white flowers

karyn1(7a)May 19, 2012

I've had several epis (not sure if that's what the one in the 1st 2 pics is) for a number of years and never really paid much attention to them. Every year I'd see the same white flowers. This year I guess some others decided to finally bloom. As soon as I saw the buds I knew they weren't white flowers. I have no idea what finally prompted them to bloom. I've had these for at least 4 years, probably longer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusmcharris

So if I told you you don't bring me white flowers anymore, you'd take it as a compliment, eh?

And they're pretty! That last one might be a species - aren't Disocactus coloured?

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 12:12AM
karyn1(7a)

I really know next to nothing about these. Is the one in the first pics an epi? The flower looks different and the stems aren't as flat as the other two. I only have 1 that I know what it is because it's tagged. It's a small variety with white flowers, Epiphyllum p. var.g.montrose. I have 5 or 6 others with no ID's, including the ones that are pictured.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 12:38AM
cactusmcharris

Karyn,

More detailed pictures of the leaves would help me a bit, but I still know next to absolute nothing about these wet-area inhabitants. The few I did have were mostly Selenicereus / Harrisia, with only one potted Epi.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 10:15AM
pennyhal(11Sunset23)

What a lucky happenstance! Beautiful colors!

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 2:19PM
More Discussions
At a crossroads - potting - plastic or clay for indoor area?
I'm using gritty mix 1-1-1, mostly 4" clay pots...
Bama_Joe
Succulent Growing Roots From Stem
Not sure what I should do with my plant! It has been...
chelseaw
Tricolor sport
I was hoping the sport I found on my Tricolor would...
camellia1_gw
Prevent mix from falling out drain hole - what do you use?
I have a few particles falling out the bottom of my...
Bama_Joe
Can you please name this succulent (Qatar)
This succulent was growing along with cactus, it looks...
maufie123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™