Nepenthes leaves turning yellow.

doganddiscJanuary 12, 2014

Hey all,
I'm a new carnivorous plant owner and I've been trying to figure out exactly where I'm going wrong with the plant I purchased a week ago.

I bought it from Black Jungle in Massachusetts- from what I've heard, they're a pretty reputable place and they did give me some information on the plants I purchased from them. But now three of the leaves on my pitcher plant are turning yellow and beginning to wilt. I have it under fourteen hours of fluorescent lighting (no access to sun here unless it goes outside and it's too cold for that) a day. I might have been a little overzealous with the watering (filtered water) and I do need to re-pot it but I'm waiting for the shipment of flower pots that I ordered to come in (hopefully they will be here tomorrow!). I'm going to be using peat moss to re-pot it but I have no idea what it's potted in now.

I admittedly bought the plant on a whim but I'm trying to care for it properly! Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommyr_gw

Older leaves WILL die. Just clip them off. Also, 14 hours of light is too much this time of year. Give it bright, indirect Sun and use ONLY distilled or rain water. Keep the soil MOIST, not soggy.

Bookmark   January 13, 2014 at 9:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doganddisc

Thank you!!

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 2:22AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Trade/Wanted: beginner plants.
Looking to trade for some beginner carnivorous plants. I...
sillybugs
Help with Southern Purple Pitcher Plant
Hello. I need some advice about growing and caring...
arvadalanee
Venus flytrap dormancy
hi I just wanted to know the best way to get my Venus...
compostworm5
anyone have any pitcher plants or cuttings to spare
Hello all Just wondering if anyone had any pitcher...
renagirl-2008
Blooming seedling
Hello all - Here is a picture of Venus Flytrap seedlings...
jebfarm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™