My Sphinx's moth will not fly away

christinebutterfly(7)August 12, 2012

Hello

As I have raised them from a cat to the moth they are now I had a few born with dis formed wings one already died and the other one looks as thou it's wings were burned and does not have enough spots on him I am giving him sugar water by hand. By I have one that did fly away drank some sugar water I left out for them and then he flew away. But this morning he came back and is not moving that much I am trying to make him drink by bring his tongue out with a tooth pick but he does not want it. He will flap his wings fast like he wants to fly but just falls off the table on to the floor i pick him back up but he just seems to see me and jumps back on me and just hangs on me I try to put him back but jumps on me again Did something happen to him My other ones mated as soon as they got out (wow and a long time :) ) Is it cause he cant find a mate and the others Moths has not emerged yet (6 of them )and he came back home to dye I dont understand I kind of cried when my others ones flew away and the disformed ones died Any idea on what i could do I put him on the window ledge and he wont fly off again his wings go but he wont just a few feet then fall.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JessicaBe(5-6 Central Ohio)

How is he doing now?

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
Coral Honeysuckle
I remember reading that Coral Honeysuckle is a good...
jane__ny
Spring preview
Unseasonably warm temps caused early flowering of desert...
joncongaroo
Milkweed germination times and rates
Someone was kind enough to send me all sorts of seeds...
kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
Monsanto and monarchs
http://texasbutterflyranch.com/2015/01/27/monsanto-we-are-absolutely-committed-to-monarch-butterfly-conservation/...
arkpollinator
They're back
Here in Central Florida we are at mid spring. I have...
tom123_gw
Sponsored Products
Madison Pendant by Swarovski
$689.00 | Lumens
Wrapped Wire 30 3/4" Wide 4-Light Bathroom Light
Euro Style Lighting
Hot Air Balloon Ceiling Light
LBC Lighting
Terrace Dragonfly Aqua Rectangular: 4 Ft. 11 In. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$99.75 | Bellacor
Ingo Maurer | My New Flame Table Lamp
$600.00 | YLighting