Help me select a (very specific) screen shrub?
I'm in need of a tall shrub to create a screen effect in my front yard at the street, but I'm having difficulty identifying the right plant. Perhaps because I have a ridiculously specific, and possibly contradictory, set of criteria! But if anyone wants to take up the challenge, I'd love to hear your thoughts for a plant that is:
1. Evergreen, or at least mostly evergreen in moderate coastal climate.
2. Will grow fairly fast to 8 to 10 feet, and can be held at that height with, say, modest annual pruning.
3. Upright growth, with an attractive branching structure and is not too dense (i.e., I don't want a solid green wall; I want to be able to prune it so that you can see through the foliage)
4. Doesn't require much summer water (I'm in a cool coastal climate, so it doesn't have to be fully drought-tolerant, but it can't require constantly moist soil).
5. Not attractive to deer.
6. Not too wild, weedy, or desert-y in appearance. Foliage that is a nice green, rather than dull gray or gray-green.
What I've thought of so far is Pyracantha 'victory' (not crazy about the berries or the thorns, though) or Cotoneaster (not crazy about the berries or the dull green).
Some other ideas that I've had are Ligustrum obtusifolium (I think this is typically deciduous, but I don't know about my area), or maybe some kind of evergreen Viburnum (though I'm not really familiar with them).
Any thoughts about the plants that I've nominated, or any other/better suggestions? Thanks