Cooks?

daveyjonesFebruary 25, 2008

Hey guys! I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm looking at buying a new nep, and possibly getting it from Cook's. Do any of you have any experience with them? How would you rate their service and quality? Speed? Thanks, you guys can be a big help sometimes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ilbasso_74

I've had one experience. It was an ebay auction and all was fine. Perhaps the ebay auctions are a better way to order since you get to publicly rate the seller. I've heard of some difficulties from others, but I'll order from him again if I should ever actually have money again (not looking promising).

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 6:03PM
tommyr_gw

Cooks is good, go for it!

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 6:30PM
carnivorousplants

Cooks has nice plants, but sometimes he takes a while to deliver them

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 7:54PM
wildbill(6 CT)

I've received plenty of very nice plants from Cooks over the years. Dean Cook packs them very well.

Tony Paroubek of Exotic Plants Plus in upstate NY has many of the rarer neps - always in amazing healthy condition. I'm not sure is he is selling again yet. I got a beautiful N. aristolochiodes from him a few years back that Schloaty ordered for me as a wedding present.

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 11:55PM
hunterkiller03(9)

Go for it! I met Cook at ebay when he sells his surplus plants (and still does as flytraps)and have bought more plants directly from him.

He does sell exotic plants now and then so you have to check his website or inquire from him.

Bookmark   February 26, 2008 at 9:41PM
nepenthes_sales

Cooks does a pretty good job but may take a little while to ship like most of the carnivorous plant sellers. Carnivorouspitcherplant.com looks to be offering next day shipping at some very affordable prices starting the first of March. They only seem to be carrying Nepenthes at the moment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nepenthes for sale

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
peat/sand mix
This might seem like a silly question, just starting...
johnmathieson23
Artificial lighting for Sarracenia?
I lived in Zone 10 (San Francisco) and moved from a...
rms9004
Dang whitefly infestation on pitcher plants
Hello dearies, I was wondering if anyone had a good...
Hoistthesails
WANTED: Trade/Wanted: beginner plants.
Looking to trade for some beginner carnivorous plants. I...
sillybugs
WANTED: wanted pitcher plant
Hi all Im looking for pitcher plants or cuttings for...
renagirl-2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™