WANTED: Maidenhair Fern - Adiantum pedatum

rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)January 14, 2007

Actually interested in any 'hardy' black stemmed fern, the maidenhair, ebony spleenwort, etc. I have a Athyrium niponicum Pictum 'Japanese Painted Fern' once it returns in the spring to swap for it or check my page.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tamelask(z8a NC)

root, i have ebony spleenwort for the spring swap if you want some. they are naturally small ferns. i'm lucky- they spring up on their own all over the property. i do have maidenhair, but am not divvying it, since it spreads too slow. sorry. i'm not even sure where i first got it it's been so long- maybe in those little packets that lowe's carries in the spring. pdn carries some really pretty ones, too, but of course they are mucho more. no worries on the japanese fern- i have them sporing all over the place, too. we'll just figure something else out later when the swap thread gets going. tam

Bookmark   January 14, 2007 at 9:51PM
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

Thanks, I understand what you mean about not divvying them. I have several ferns, but so far they are pretty slow. Some have been in the ground about 3 years, so I hope to see some of them take their leap soon. The JPF had a baby sprout near it, it's first year and no more since then.

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 12:06PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

wait for them. if they are happy you'll soon have lotsa babies. i read somewhere they are afraid they may become invasive. i snorted when i read it, but then they began to pop up everywhere. i love them so i don't mind- yet. and they aren't going far- within 10' so far. cute little buggers- they have the variegation when they are even tiny!

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
WANTED: perennials in and around charlotte
I have a massive backyard which I would like to fill...
aeiger
HAVE: Any interest in a Charlotte plant swap on Sun, Oct 20??
If a few people are available, I'll book the picnic...
elaine5678
2015 Raleigh Spring Swap
The 2015 Raleigh Spring Swap will be held Saturday,...
trianglejohn
WANTED: Red Cascading Rose - Raleigh Plant Swap
Hello, Does anyone have a red cascading rose that will...
jdbheartsease
WANTED: Raleigh Fall Swap & Picnic 2013
Come one. Come all! The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held...
trianglejohn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™