HAVE: Free Manure

rosebush(z7 NC)February 8, 2006

The Equestrian Center is letting gardeners come get the aged manure again, so if you're in the Hickory area, email me and I'll send details.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla17(Z7 NC)

Rosebush, do you grow roses?

Carla from Hickory

Bookmark   March 7, 2006 at 9:38PM
clodsley_shovel(z7 NC)

I have a dumb question - my daughter rides at a place near Cary and they have lots of aged manure I can have. I keep wondering how to get it home w/out stinking up the car. I have a PT Cruiser. I'm worried that a plastic bag will break at an inappropriate time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bookmark   May 2, 2006 at 9:29PM
moka_jo(z7b NC)

clodsley_shovel,

Sounds like a smart question to me! Not sure if this would work for you, but when I wanted to transport some free mulch in my little hatchback earlier this spring, I picked up a few 18-gallon rubbermaid tubs with lids. They were too heavy for one person to lift once full, but two people could handle them pretty well. There was minimal spilling in the car, but it's probably not a bad idea to put a tarp or blanket down under the tubs to keep any extras from lingering in the back of your car. Just fill up a tub or two each time you take your daughter to the stable?

-MJ

Bookmark   May 3, 2006 at 3:33PM
rosebush(z7 NC)

I use the Rubbermaid-type containers with lids also. And if the manure is aged enough, it doesn't even smell. I can fit four in my economy-sized car using the trunk and the back seat. That's a good amount of compost! :)Just spread an old towel or some large plastic garbage bags in your trunk or back seat and set the containers on top. Who needs a truck?!

Bookmark   May 3, 2006 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Red Cascading Rose - Raleigh Plant Swap
Hello, Does anyone have a red cascading rose that will...
jdbheartsease
WANTED: Black Magic Elephant Ears
I am afraid I lost all my Black Magic EEs due to the...
Dolly1241
wanted: wanted: raleigh fall swap & picnic 2013 (part 2)
lisianthuslover: Black & Blue Saliva & rooted...
MagickMare
HAVE: Any interest in a Charlotte plant swap on Sun, Oct 20??
If a few people are available, I'll book the picnic...
elaine5678
WANTED: Raleigh Fall Swap & Picnic 2013
Come one. Come all! The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held...
trianglejohn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™