nepenthes miranda dying help please!

LuriaMarch 18, 2013

I transplanted my nepenthes miranda and now it's starting to die from the trunk up, the tips are growing new leaves and pitchers, help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommyr_gw

We need a better photo, show more of the plant.

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 8:11PM
Mr.Mark54

I'm a new owner of a nepenthe miranda and I bought it from a plant store in Half Moon Bay..her recommendations on care was shower water which I do once a week. When I get a chance I hang it outside in the shade but not in direct sunlight. I then bring it inside to hang. I do open the blinds to give it more indirect light. I give it shower water. I have been reading that distilled water is better. I trimmed off the pitchers to promote growth. Should I switch to distilled water and would repotting it into a larger pot for more growth? I still have one mature pitcher still on the plant.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 4:23AM
Mr.Mark54

I'm a new owner of a nepenthe miranda and I bought it from a plant store in Half Moon Bay..her recommendations on care was shower water which I do once a week. When I get a chance I hang it outside in the shade but not in direct sunlight. I then bring it inside to hang. I do open the blinds to give it more indirect light. I give it shower water. I have been reading that distilled water is better. I trimmed off the pitchers to promote growth. Should I switch to distilled water and would repotting it into a larger pot for more growth? I still have one mature pitcher still on the plant.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 4:24AM
tommyr_gw

Switch to distilled or rainwater. Bright, indirect light. How big is it's pot?

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 6:54AM
More Discussions
What would you call the crown jewels of the CP world?
OK, I read recently a great topic of what's my favorite...
jonocross
Nepenthes for beginners
Hi, I used to be a member of Garden Web years ago when...
HollowOakFarm
Nepenthes for Beginner
I'm looking to start growing nepenthes. What I've researched...
mildew
Dang whitefly infestation on pitcher plants
Hello dearies, I was wondering if anyone had a good...
Hoistthesails
peat/sand mix
This might seem like a silly question, just starting...
johnmathieson23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™