just some pix and observations

deep___roots(ca9/sunset15)July 26, 2012

There was a recent post on Leucadendrons. Here is a more recent photo of mine. Shows the Summer color. And this thing is more like 9 feet tall, not the 6 feet I thought. And it needs some pruning.

Next are my snaps. I have deadheaded these 3 times this year and they always come back with new blooms. Previously, my snaps would get rust or not do well for long. These are in planter boxes and pots. These are in full sun for at least 8 hours a day. I like this. Check out my hippo there behind the snaps!

Here is a blue salvia with a grey foliage plant with orange flowers that is very carefree. Blue and orange works for me. The name of the orange guy is Dicliptera suberecta.

Last, here's one of my sago palms in a bonsai pot. It is putting out new fronds. I really like it when they do that!

Thanks for looking.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

That leucadendron is a wonderful specimen. I have not tried to grow one yet, because they are so expensive. I would love to try, though.

I love that corner of your garden in the last pic. It is so green and lush. I can't believe that sago is growing in that tiny pot!
Renee

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 11:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltnhen

Beautiful mix of blue and orange. Love the hippo too!

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
Dymondia
Hi all! I planted some dymondia as a groundcover last...
Sabine Halfhill
Orange tree questions re fruiting, blooming and harvesting
hi all, we moved to a place with a really old orange...
slowjane CA/ Sunset 21
Nasturtiums and Cannabis
To avoid Nasturtiums taking over my garden next year...
patmonk
Pool landscaping: a question of symmetry
The coping (a sandy colored Utah stone) for my swimming...
zagyzebra
Native ground cover for San Jose area
Hello! Would love some suggestions for a Bay Area (inland)...
Sheila Schmitz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™