WANTED: Thanks to all @ Raleigh swap

mad_about_mickey(**7* *N.C.)April 27, 2007

I would like to thank all the people that made the Raleigh swap great. I have managed to separate and plant the giant clump of liriope from arborbluffgirl and put in the hellebore that hollycliff explained so well to me. I put in the black and blue salvia and have hopes that it spreads like John joked. I planted the bridal wreath from root and hope that it grows, I remember that as a kid in PA. I am hoping the verbena from root does well also.I hope to have some things for the fall swap. The frost we had really wiped out my stash earmarked for the swap. I lost about 100 heirloom tomatoes, pumpkins and climbing plants. Hopefully the seeds that I brought will grow for everyone. Thanks again for a great time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

If that spirea doesn't make it let me know and I'll bring you another in the fall. Hubby had a hard time getting those pieces off of the huge underground stump. Might want to try cutting it back some and try rooting the cuttings. Thanks for the mortgage lifter tomato and the scarlet runner bean. I'm excited about both! Been trying to plant a few things each day. They (and the rest of the veggies) get planted into their new homes today.

Bookmark   April 27, 2007 at 10:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mad_about_mickey(**7* *N.C.)

Thanks, I'm hoping it makes it. We are planning to go north for our grandsons birthday,(he'll be four) so I am trying to get everything in before we leave. I still have lots of stuff from seed that I want to make sure to put in also. It appears that the neighbor who is garden friendly is also going away at the same time. :( ...I have a bunch of tomatoes that the frost took all their leaves but the stems seems sturdy. I was waiting to see if they leafed out again before I tossed them. It was freaky how they got hit in the shed, and some things outside were ok.

Bookmark   April 28, 2007 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Charlotte Spring 2014 Plant Swap
The 2014 plant swap is set for Sunday, May 4 at 2pm...
elaine5678
WANTED: High Point swap?
I haven't been on in a while...does anyone know if...
cherrykist
wanted: wanted: raleigh fall swap & picnic 2013 (part 2)
lisianthuslover: Black & Blue Saliva & rooted...
MagickMare
WANTED: plant swap
I also have to share: Money trees,red bud trees and...
elsiefay
HAVE: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap - Food List
I'm bringing Cranberry Chicken Salad and/on Croissants. John:...
jdbheartsease
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™