Sarracenia question

carnivoorApril 12, 2008

I bought myself a little Sar. 2 weeks ago. My first CP and I've been searching for information so it wouldn't die on me in a few weeks.It grew a bigger new pitcher already and looks it's doing OK.

The tag said only Sarracenia ,and it looks like it's some Sarracenia leucophylla hybrid.

Can anyone tell me how often I can expect a new pitcher? I can cee a little pointy thingy on one of the sides of the plant but I'm not sure if it's a new pitcher or something else.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommyr_gw

Patience! More will come! After last frost put it in direct Sun all day, keep it in a tray of rain or distilled water only, NO TAP or bottled water. These are great plants and lots of fun to grow.

Bookmark   April 12, 2008 at 11:32AM
mutant_hybrid(8)

New pitchers can take a few weeks to grow in. It is all according to the amount of light the plant gets, how warm the weather is, and what species it is. My S. hybrids take about 2-3 weeks to fully produce new pitchers. Thos epitchers will last for months, so their is no rush to make more for these plants unlike the speedy growth found in sundews.

Bookmark   April 12, 2008 at 2:12PM
carnivoor

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the pointy thingy and see if it grows. I just thought I'd ask since I never had a CP before. It's now in front of a window because it's still to cold out here(sub zero temps at night).

Bookmark   April 12, 2008 at 2:45PM
More Discussions
VFT after some ice and snow
I just wanted to upload this pic of my VFT and pitcher...
purslanegarden
WANTED: Trade/Wanted: beginner plants.
Looking to trade for some beginner carnivorous plants. I...
sillybugs
Mold... *Sigh*
Well, I screwed up. I didn't cover up the plants dormant...
David146
Nepenthes for Beginner
I'm looking to start growing nepenthes. What I've researched...
mildew
Miracle Gro
:/ sigh Miracle Gro..... so it seems that this stuff...
ermaclob
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™