WANTED: Have Trombone Squash Seed & Plants for Raleigh Swap

Ralph Whisnant(z7b-8 NC)April 20, 2011

I am bringing Trombone Squash (Climbing Zucchini) seeds and plants to our swap on Saturday. If you would like me to reserve a plant or a couple of seeds for you, let me know. One vine will produce dozens of squash that are as good or better than zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, and a few can be left on the vine to grow into long butter-nut like winter squash weighing 15 - 20 pounds. The vines can cover 25 - 30 feet in all directions, so it is not appropriate for small gardens. I am providing a link that describes some other peoples' experience with growing this squash. Cheryl and I love it and eat it year round.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trombone Squash - Various Opinions

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kate_babysear_com

can I buy some Trombone squash seeds from you- or trade for some Seminole squash seeds?

Bookmark   September 18, 2011 at 7:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ralph Whisnant(z7b-8 NC)

Kate, I have recently harvested almost a dozen mature trombone squash averaging about 15 pounds each from the single vine I planted this year. As usual it took over the whole garden and provided us with many, many small summer squash. I will email you my address and if you will send me a self-address stamped envelope, I will gladly send you as many seed of the just harvested Trombone squash as you would like. (Believe me, one plant is enough.) I am not familiar with your Seminole squash, but would love to try it if you still have a few seed to spare. RalphW

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 2:17PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Wanted: fall divisions in alamance, orange county area
I am looking for any fall divisions that any one might...
PrincessFruitcake
wanted: wanted: raleigh fall swap & picnic 2013 (part 2)
lisianthuslover: Black & Blue Saliva & rooted...
MagickMare
WANTED: Free potting soil
Correction: HAVE - Located in Anderson, SC. Must be...
erin08 (SC z7/8)
HAVE: Charlotte Spring 2014 Plant Swap
The 2014 plant swap is set for Sunday, May 4 at 2pm...
elaine5678
WANTED: Greenville Plant Swap
Greenville Plant swap on October 5th from 1PM to 3PM- All...
tbug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™