New native nursery in Ventura county

gobluedjmJuly 17, 2010

I stumbled upon this place yesterday in Ventura. Website link is below. I was impressed with his inventory and not just natives. He has other drought tolerant plants, succulants, and vegetables. A flyer he gave me said citrus and other fruit trees in stock.

He's been there just 9 months so I hope in this economy he makes it. Prices were about the same I have seen other nurseries.

His website has inventory but he has more than just those listed.

He also has 2 lecture classes in August from well known speakers.

I am in no way affiliated with him or any profits. I just hope he stays in business cuz its just an hour away.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nopalito nursery

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aquilachrysaetos

Ooh! I drove right past that a couple weeks ago and didn't know it was there. If I had seen it there would have been some tire marks in the road there.

I go to Ventura several times a year. I'll be ducking in there next time I'm in town!

Thanks for passing it along

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 12:41AM
gobluedjm

It's convenient for the freeway and can be seen from the freeway. Too much red tape for a sign he said.
It's small but he's got lots of different plants not tons of just a few plants.

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 1:34AM
kelpmermaid(10S24)

Cool! I will have to check this out...

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 10:05PM
aquilachrysaetos

I just paid them a visit today. I meant to just look but three plants mugged me and jumped into the car.

The people there are friendly and helpful. I will stop by again next time I'm in town.

I came away with a toyon, fuchsia flowered gooseberry and a chaparral currant 'dancing tassels'.

I will use the currant in the spot I had intended to put a Japanese maple. It has such pretty leaves and peeling cinnamon bark. I think it will be lovely viewed from my picture window.

The gooseberry is going under an elm in the side yard and the toyon is going in the back to block the neighbors view of the back of the house.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 11:22PM
jeanneart(Ventura, CA - Sunset 24)

This is a great resource. They are the nicest people and the prices are reasonable.

I've attended many of the Saturday workshops...many are free or reasonably priced. Please support Nopalito...We need them to do well and stay in business!

Check out their website for upcoming events on Designing Native Plant Gardens by Carol Bornstein, Lili Singer, Lisa Burton, and nore

Here is a link that might be useful: Nopalito nursery

Bookmark   September 6, 2010 at 4:36PM
More Discussions
Potatoes from Van Bloem Gardens
Does anyone know what potatoes are in the Van Bloem...
pbsjones
Growing canker on plum and nectarine trunks
I have a small back yard orchard, most of which was...
Aaron Davidsson
Native ground cover for San Jose area
Hello! Would love some suggestions for a Bay Area (inland)...
Sheila Schmitz
Mango trees in SoCal?
Has anyone successfuly grown any type of mango tree...
wetfeet101b
Mother Nature Fooled the beans, Now Hurry Hummingbird it's up to you
Well the beans have come out of their husky winter...
Wild Haired Mavens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™