HAVE: Gratitude! (for Garner plant swap)

ratgirl(7b)April 27, 2013

John -- You put on a rip-roaring event as usual. Thanks for keeping this thing going year after year. Loved all the food and company. Just looking over all my loot. Two plants tied for favorite scores: bottlebrush buckeye and Echinops bannaticus 'Star Frost' (thank you, anonymous donors).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
countrygirl_sc

Me too! I got some variegated sedums and some Hellebores that have been on my wish list for a long time.

Thank you, Kim for sharing the red hot poker!

Thanks, everyone!

Gail

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 6:00PM
jdbheartsease

Hi John,

As always, thanks for hositng the swap. I came away with some wonderful plants and ate some really good food. Thanks to all, for sharing their plants.

Best,

Judy

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 9:32PM
lorabell NC(8)

And I thank you as well. What a wonderful collection of plants!!! I worked till late last night and all morning placing them in their new homes...what joy. Can't seem to stop smiling...Special thanks to Elsie and Ralph for some wonderful swaps...

Until this Fall......

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 1:18PM
trianglejohn

Thanks everyone for coming! There was something special about this swap - I don't know what it was, maybe the right mix of new folks and old timers or maybe it was all because of Carla - hee hee hee (thanks for letting me pick on you during the bell dinging!!!)

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 8:00PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

It was a wonderful swap! Really nice mix of folks! I came away with some goodies i'm excited about, too! :)

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 11:19AM
CasaLester RTP, NC (7b)

It was a very auspicious first event for us. Thanks, John, for organizing it and your assistance by pointing out the people behind their Internet IDs. It was nice to meet in person a number of local gardening celebrities ;-) , including, but not limited to, yourself and Ralph.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 1:08PM
babelsrus(7bNC)

Just wanted to say thank you to all who attended the swap. What a beautiful example of the generous nature of the Carolina Gardners. Beautiful plants, freindly people and great food! A fantastic experience. Thank you
Beth

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:24PM
aquadragonfly(7b NC)

Man, it just KILLS me not to get to come to these, I think I need to move up that way so I can.....ughhhh!
I wished I could have made it this year, I had a blast last I I was able to come a LONG, LONG, time ago....
So many wonderful ppl, and the food was great too!

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 2:31PM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

REALLY hated to miss this. Haven't missed many over the years. Fall swap will go on my calendar early.

Bookmark   May 18, 2013 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Fall 2014 Raleigh Plant Swap
The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held Saturday, October...
trianglejohn
HAVE: Food List for Raleigh Fall Swap 2013
I'm so excited about this swap that I thought I would...
countrygirl_sc
WANTED: Black Magic Elephant Ears
I am afraid I lost all my Black Magic EEs due to the...
Dolly1241
WANTED: plant swap
I also have to share: Money trees,red bud trees and...
elsiefay
WANTED: Free potting soil
Correction: HAVE - Located in Anderson, SC. Must be...
erin08 (SC z7/8)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™